• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kirisun PT8200 Transeiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a new PT8200 UHF and I am having issues with programming it. I downloaded the software version 2.23 from Kirisun's website and purchased the KSPL-05 programming cable and I cannot get the Radio to read to the computer or write to the radio. The radio is showing the PC software as 1.23. Do I need to try to locate that version of software or try something else?

If anyone can please help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a new PT8200 UHF and I am having issues with programming it. I downloaded the software version 2.23 from Kirisun's website and purchased the KSPL-05 programming cable and I cannot get the Radio to read to the computer or write to the radio. The radio is showing the PC software as 1.23. Do I need to try to locate that version of software or try something else?

If anyone can please help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

After installing the software, I see it uses a standard COM port to "talk" to the radio. Most USB programming cables have an unauthorized copy (counterfeit if you will) of a Prolific USB-to-serial chip in them. Prolific has purposely updated their latest drivers (the ones that will be automatically installed with Windows) to not work with these chips. Because of this, you have to downgrade the driver to a version that is still compatible (not crippled).

The miklor.com website has links to the compatible driver and instructions for how to install and select it.

Prolific FTDI Windows Cable Drivers

Jim KC9HI

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I got it figured out I had to use I deferent version of software.

I'm curious what you had to use. I just purchased one and was given 2.23 from the seller. Radio says 1.23 as you said.

Have cable on way so haven't tried with proper one yet. Did try with RJ-45 usb and it wouldn't work.

Would definitely like to have latest firmware and software for radio but now you have me wondering.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious what you had to use. I just purchased one and was given 2.23 from the seller. Radio says 1.23 as you said.

Have cable on way so haven't tried with proper one yet. Did try with RJ-45 usb and it wouldn't work.

Would definitely like to have latest firmware and software for radio but now you have me wondering.

I had to get the software from Quality Two Way.com. The software is KSP8200EN 1.19. When you buy the software instead of them shipping it to you all you do is download it from their site.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I had to get the software from Quality Two Way.com. The software is KSP8200EN 1.19. When you buy the software instead of them shipping it to you all you do is download it from their site.

Great. They got me for 30 for the cable and 15 to ship it across the same state to me. So you need a version less than what's even in the radio?

That is not good.

I got the official cable today and it won't work on two different computers. Win 7U and 8.1. I'm really hoping I don't have to use a lower version of software on these things. I've got an email into Kirisun customer support and we'll see what happens I guess.

I know it keeps saying device driver problem when trying to use it. I'm going to try what the other poster suggested at Miklor and see if that works. If I get it working I'll definitely post back here on it.

They seem like really nice radios if we can just get them working. :)

Thanks for getting back to me.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
Great. They got me for 30 for the cable and 15 to ship it across the same state to me. So you need a version less than what's even in the radio?

That is not good.

I got the official cable today and it won't work on two different computers. Win 7U and 8.1. I'm really hoping I don't have to use a lower version of software on these things. I've got an email into Kirisun customer support and we'll see what happens I guess.

I know it keeps saying device driver problem when trying to use it. I'm going to try what the other poster suggested at Miklor and see if that works. If I get it working I'll definitely post back here on it.

They seem like really nice radios if we can just get them working. :)

Thanks for getting back to me.

I got mine programmed finally and it works great!!!!! It honestly reminds me a lot of the Motorola CDM line of radios. Also check I sent you a private message.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
KC9HI Jim a world of thanks. Your post got it working for me. It still won't take the 2.23 software for whatever reason but it now works with a different version. So thank you.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
KC9HI Jim a world of thanks. Your post got it working for me. It still won't take the 2.23 software for whatever reason but it now works with a different version. So thank you.

I cant get mine to take the 2.23 software either. I'm wondering if it is because the radios we have are the 512 channel version that uses 1.19 instead of the 128 version that uses 2.23.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Could very well be. I hadn't thought of that but it would certainly explain it.
You need 1.22 actually here in NA. 1.19 is narrow band only while 1.22 has wide, mid and narrow band.

N0ISV

Thanks for the help in this thread

I got my PT8200 on 10-7-14, and was able to program some things from the front. Was not easy.
The program cable showed up today, and as stated here in the thread, drivers needed updated, the program from the Kirisun web site does not work, and I bought the download from Quality Two Way radio.

The PC programming is very easy, and now have full control of the rig. The first thing was to turn off the
loud beep tone.
Its strange the volume control did not work on the beep?

I noticed I only have the 12.5 KHz band width? Is this correct?

Thanks for every one's help here on RR.com

Wayne-N0ISV
CO

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
I got my PT8200 on 10-7-14, and was able to program some things from the front. Was not easy.
The program cable showed up today, and as stated here in the thread, drivers needed updated, the program from the Kirisun web site does not work, and I bought the download from Quality Two Way radio.

The PC programming is very easy, and now have full control of the rig. The first thing was to turn off the
loud beep tone.
Its strange the volume control did not work on the beep?

I noticed I only have the 12.5 KHz band width? Is this correct?

Thanks for every one's help here on RR.com

Wayne-N0ISV
CO

Go into Alert Setup and change everything to "Changeable" and the volume knob will control beep. also you will need the 1.22 version of software.

N0ISV

PT8200 programming update

I found that by using Kirisun PT 8200 128 channels- v 2.23, I now have all 3 options for Band width.
But now the program asks for a password?
What password?
Anyone know the answer?

If I don't use password, the program will not read the radio and I get communication error?
I have just 2 programs to pick from.

Kirisun PT8200 512 Channels EN_V1.19.zip
or
Kirisun PT8200 128 Channels_V2.23.zip

Again-
V2.23 only has 12.5 KHz bandwidth? I can program the radio with this.
V1.19 has all 3 bandwidths, but I cannot connect to the radio?

Any help or ideas folks???

Wayne-N0ISV

N0ISV

102Whisenant thanks for the info.
Are you on line. I still need help. I fixed the beep.
Where can I get the 1.22 software?
I have v 2.23 and 1.19 I bought from quality two way radio today?

Wayne-N0ISV

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
102Whisenant thanks for the info.
Are you on line. I still need help. I fixed the beep.
Where can I get the 1.22 software?
I have v 2.23 and 1.19 I bought from quality two way radio today?

Wayne-N0ISV

V 2.23 is for the older PT8200 128 channel, 1.19 and 1.22 is for the new PT8200 512 Channel. Im going to send you a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.