kirkland lake ontario canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyjess

Hello, I'm from kirkland lake and I have a couple of analog scanners.

I'm able to listen to opp, ems, fire. But when I listen to the ambulance theres a little bit of noise in the back.

The frequence is 413.762. Is that the correct one? Is there any other frequencies for ambulance?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I'm from kirkland lake and I have a couple of analog scanners.

I'm able to listen to opp, ems, fire. But when I listen to the ambulance theres a little bit of noise in the back.

The frequence is 413.762. Is that the correct one? Is there any other frequencies for ambulance?

Generally the EMS departments transmit on the Ontario Fleetnet system using talk groups.

The frequency you listed might be a frequency they use for their repeaters, meaning if a EMS unit is close by and you have that frequency in your scanner you will hear it.

You will need a trunk capable scanner to really listen to the EMS, there are wiki articles about what kind of scanners do this as well as wiki about what who and when you will hear things as well as a large database to answer your questions, have a look at it on this site.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Its on this site

check the database for the EMS, and individual counties,
check the wiki and click on collaberate for info on your area and other areas and check the wiki for scanners that can handle what you are looking for.

derevs

If you are referring to the repeater position they are for the mentioned frequency, the repeater is vehicle to portable only, no base antenna.

martyjess

Hello, I purchased a trunk tracker, bc895xlt, and I would like to program it for ems.

I live in kirkland lake ontario.

I usually listen to ems on 413.7625 on my bc72xlt, but now that I have a trunk tracker is it the same thing?
Do I program it differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.