Kirkwood Police Scanning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriscoFan1522

Hi all,

I live in Kirkwood and earlier this afternoon I started scanning in the middle of a transmission to the cars about switching channels. I did not catch the whole message but now I cannot hear any of the cars and barely dispatch. My guess would be something with the repeater but I don't know. Any ideas would be appreciated. I fear regional P25 is coming closer than we all would like.

jimwidman

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I found your post. I am in Kirkwood also. Same problem. I am sure that Kirkwood has new radios. An officer was hoping new radios would work better. He didn't give any specifics. I am currently trying to program into a BCD536H still no luck getting just Kirkwood. The System is SLATER and RR has 800 mhz frequencies listed. I am trying to program just Kirkwood and not have to listen to the whole Metro area. No success yet. I haven't even caught a Kirkwood alarm yet and as you know they should be occurring at least hourly in this city. Lookng for help also.

Last edited:

teufler

well Kirkwood has 6 talk groups assigns. A couple are for fire, then 3 police and 1 public works that police may use after hours. They should be on the SLATER, south tower. 54749, 53705, 55343, 55657, 54505, 53654. If you think they arfe jumping around, experimenting with new talk groups, stay in the id search mode rather than id scan. Since they only have one radio in their cars, they have to be on the system you have found them on.

jimwidman

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I'll give it a try. I am a new BCD536HP user. I have a learning curve to adjust to also.

Status
Not open for further replies.