Kitsap county trs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

Hi all greeting's from Bainbridge island .. I have been trying to identify talkgroups on the kitsap county TRS. I believe that I've confirmed one talkgroups use ..

8464-Appears to be Kitsap transit based on the communications heard

Stavro35

New talkgroup for this system 59552 Possibly Bremerton school buses based on what I've heard in the chit chat about bus routes and what buses are going to what schools.

Tweeter83

I'm clueless..... hopefully not for long!

I just moved to the area, and just getting started in the scanner field...... any ideas what model scanner I should get? Keep in mind I'm just starting out, and I don't want to spend a fortune.......... also, any clues where I might find the channels for the Silverdale/Bangor NSB police/fire? So far generic searches I haven't found much of anything......... Thanks in advance for any help!

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
I would get a Uniden Bearcat 898 It dose not cost very much and is very easy to use. You can get one for about 245.00 that includes the software to program it from the computer

for more information go to www.northwestradio.com and check the data base on this sight

dsviper22

For this area since there's not much as for trunked systems in the Kitsap county region, I would just get a cheap 200 channel or more scanner. Like a Br330t is what I use. There is the Federal digital trunked system and the Navy trunked system that requires a digital scanner. But the only thing you will hear is the shop workers and ship yard workers on the navy system and the federal system I hardly hear anything.

Do you live on base? If so, pm me and I can help you better.

Musashi

58160- A Routed Kitsap Transit
58032- A Routed Kitsap Transit
0864- Paratransit Access
58080- A Routed Kitsap Transit
58656-B Routed Kitsap Transit
58672- B Routed Kitsap Transit
59088-A Routed Kitsap Transit
58144- A Routed Kitsap Transit
08496- A Routed Kitsap Transit
58608- B Routed Kitsap Transit
58096- Access
59552- Access
58128- A Routed Kitsap Transit
08464- Para-Transit
58512- B Routed Kitsap Transit

There are more talkgroups as well but I cannot figure any more out. I have seen the radios on the Buses (which I use frequently) and they have like 4 different channels which the 2 most used are A Routed (Main Communications which all the buses are tuned in to ) and B Routed (which they switch to for private calls.) What is really weird also is that either they use each of the frequencys without trunking as conventional stand alone channels quite alot or it is a Motorolla Type 1 system which my Pro 97 needs the proper Fleetmapping which I do not know so this is why I am missing those talkgroups and thinking they are conventional!!! Which would also explain why A and B routed (Channels A and B) are spread among multiple talkgroups instead of just 2! Anyone can chime in perhaps??

Also 864.7125 is an LTR system but I cant figure out the rest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.