• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Klein Blu RSM!!! Works well on G series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I received my Klein Blu RSM today. I am very happy with the volume, Bluetooth connection and audio.
Here's a few pics for size comparison with the G4 and a Motorola Commander II mic.

Works flawlessly with my G4 1.3 fw. No cutting off transmissions, no beeps and I truly believe the audio is a bit louder if not punchier than the internal G series speaker. I do not regret this purchase one bit. The RSM also has a 3.5mm audio out so this now allows us to feed audio into an auxiliary input or other audio device. Pairing to the G pager is foolproof and simple...no hokey crap.

Don't let my huge hands fool you, the RSM is not tiny.

Interestingly, the clip is interchangeable with Motorola lapel clips (as per the photo)

I give credit to forum members gcopter1 and IAmSixNine for sharing their success with this audio solution making the G Series a full package in my opinion.

Stand by as I edit to add some photos and a video link.

YouTube clip:

Attachments

• 20210220_193455.jpg
    20210220_193455.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 20210220_193732.jpg
    20210220_193732.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 20210220_193606.jpg
    20210220_193606.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
I honestly don't know. I did notice that after trying to pair the RSM with my Android ( for Zello/etc) and succesfully pairing it with the G4, when I pressed the PTT, my phone triple beeped with a tone I've never heard before. I agree that dual pairing would be cool, but IDK if it's possible or feasable depending on how the unit handles it (if it even can).

blackbelter

Thanks for sharing . I am planning on purchasing the BLU RSM as well , however would like to know if the 1.13.1 would be comparable .
Thanks

N6ML

Thanks for sharing . I am planning on purchasing the BLU RSM as well , however would like to know if the 1.13.1 would be comparable .
Thanks

There is no "1.13.1". The latest released firmware is V1.31. The previous version was V1.30. There never was a V1.3 either.

K6LEH

Premium Subscriber
Thanks
If I understood correctly, I believe this video confirms being able to simultaneously pair with an LMR and cell phone:

Thanks so much!
I am going to explore this further. I would really love to be able to have this pair simultaneously with my iphone and the G5.

One of the deputies I know has the Noxgear 39g (a product someone mentioned in the Unication forum earlier) and it works PERFECTLY with the G5, except it only pairs with one item at a time,
It is very loud, no beeps, great audio quality (probably as loud as the Unication itself ) good build quality, 3.5 inch audio output, water resistant (IP64).
Its also around $60 (if you use their promo codes on their website). Only pairs with one device at a time, which is a negative for me.

K6LEH

Premium Subscriber
I just heard back from Matthew at Klein Electronics regarding the blu-RSM.
He said that unfortunately, you cannot have two devices (in my case, the pager and the phone) paired simultaneously.
What I wanted to do is utilize it as a speakerphone to answer incoming phone calls while also streaming audio from the G5.
So for me, I will probably end up buying the Noxgear 39g as it is about half the cost with pretty much the same feature set. I was using one this past weekend at a drive through vaccination clinic and everyone was amazed at the clarity and volume in the outside windy environment.
Thanks for the info everyone.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
I would give it a shot. Keep the packaging and such and see if it pairs well and is up to your liking. I'm sure Klein would accept your return. Better yet, contact Klein and share their response with the rest of the class for others also curious. At this point I have no intention of returning the unit.

I used it today at my first day at work since receiving the unit. I'm pleased with the increased audio punch. Previously the G4 was nearly unusable in my Freightliner work truck. I was actually able to monitor comfortably. Comparable to the Motorola Commander 2 on my XTS portable, which I find has more fidelity and flat out volume over the Commander 1 and 4051 style mics. I will be testing the audio out into the stereo to see what that yields over the next week.

So far battery life has been stellar and may outlast the G4 battery life before recharge.

Again this is paired with my G4 with FIRMWARE V1.30

W4WMH

@tunnelmot
In some documentation somewhere, I saw a reference for this microphone to have a field installable / replaceable battery.
1) Can you confirm if this is true or not?
2) Also, if it is true, does it use a standard battery such as a Motorola BK70 like the Valor series, or is it proprietary?

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
@W4WMH
I haven't even thought about battery replacement. I would also be curious. Where is the documentation?
I am willing to *attempt* to crack into my unit and document if it benefits the class as long as I don't destroy my unit.

As far as initial impressions, I don't see a typical battery door/port/obvious location for batt replacement.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
As far as audio out (say into a powered speaker or typical stereo head unit or mixer) my 2 channel stereo inputs don't like it (but still it is usable).
I will be ordering a mono-mono 3.5 patch cable to determine if that is the OPTIMAL final solution for providing audio to common amp sources.
I'm suspecting the RSM's 3.5 mm output is mono...which would be logical and follow industry standards (think mono listen only earpieces)...I just don't have a mono cable in my arsenal at the present time.

Last edited:

blackbelter

I have attempted to pair up my BLU RSM with my G5 with no success I am on 1.3 FW and turned on the BT on the device , however the search does not see the BLU RSM. I have charged the speaker /Mic and followed the pairing instructions.
I would appreciate any insights.

blackbelter

I was finally able to pair up the BLU RSM with my G5. Is there a setting in the PPS to eliminate the drop off noise after each transmission?

blackbelter

Thanks I selected that feature , however that annoying sounds of squelch tail still exist after each key down . It sounds like a connect disconnect between the G5 and RSM even though the connection is solid . I listen to a perfectly clean no noise P25P2 system and my G5 decodes it perfectly without any key off noise . I think it’s the nature of the BT speakers to behave this way . I appreciate your time on this . Returning the Klien BLU RSM .

Status
Not open for further replies.