KMA-22...Cal-Fire or U.S.F.S. or B.L.M. or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

Hi All,

Heard this I.D. come across one of the air tac freq's [169.950 MHz] this morning; the comm was barely readable, so I am assuming that it's not local. Did a Google search which came up with nothing.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the I.D. info

Many thanks!

Alain...Valley Center [San Diego County]

SCPD

QRT
You probably heard KME-22, which is the callsign of the Angeles National Forest. The U.S. Forest Service in California uses the series KME-2x in a number of locations. The San Bernardino NF uses KME-20, the Sierra NF KME-26, the Cleveland KME-2?, and I believe the Los Padres with KME-2?. You were not hearing an Air Tactics frequency, but the repeater input of the Angeles National Forest fire net. Try 172.375, it should boom in because if you heard the input, you should be able to receive the output quite well.

The closest air tactics frequency to 169.950 is Air Tactics 2 on 169.150. You may have heard a discussion between the Angeles dispatch and an aircraft. You may even have heard an aircraft transmitting on 169.950 to access a Angeles 172.375 repeater.

Do me a favor and listen to the Cleveland on 168.750 Forest Net and 168.150 Admin Net and tell me the callsign you will hear Cleveland dispatch on. It is KME-23if my memory serves me correctly.

The federal government does not obtain these callsigns from the FCC, rather the IRAC or Interdepartmental Radio Advisory Committee or the NTIA or National Telecommunications and Information Administration, which is the parent agency of the IRAC. That is why you won't find any federal callsigns on the FCC database.

SCPD

QRT
Disregard finding the callsign for the Cleveland NF. I found some old notes that indicate it is KME-23.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I can confirm KME23 for Cleveland. I hear them use it on the CNF Forest Net from here in San Diego, especially following announcements and fire weather broadcasts. I added it to the DB entry for CNF after I first heard it a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.