KMCO LTR system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this system still active? Or have they gone to a new system? I havent heard any activity the few times I've gone to that airport.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3926

Let me know if they have a new system so I can put in info or if anyone else has info to input it to DB, I will be visiting Orlando in October so I'll try my best to look for stuff when I'm near/down there

IMPRES2

Airport police are contracted by Orlando police, they use the 46C P25 system.
GOAA utilizies both the P25 system and the encrypted MotoTRBO system.
Most if not all airport operations are on the MotoTRBO system.
TSA is using conventional P25 VHF

IMPRES2

No, busses and taxis and other private companies contract third party or use their own system.
A lot of companies are now utilizing the SunTalk CON+ network

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Well TSA is VHF full time AES256 encryption..from my friend who rolled out the Relm Radio for them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CanesFan95

What the hell is the deal with all the encryption in Orlando? I was there a month ago and it was nothing but one encrypted DMR frequency after another.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Yup that's the new technology rolling around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMPRES2

I utilize encryption on almost all of my talkgroups, and system wide RAS on my LCP system. Location privacy and user safety is a a big reason I utilize encryption.

IMPRES2

For the same reason you won't hand me your phone and let me go through it; it's your phone, it has your private conversations.

There is private information that crosses my system, just like many other systems in Orlando. LCP systems come with encryption, so many system owners utilize it. I bought RAS because I wasn't going to allow radios to be programmed by an outsider to work on MY system. At the end of the day, it comes down to security and system integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.