• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KNG-P150 Function buttons stopped working

Startree

Hi!
I have a KNG P-150. I managed to successfully program a channel bank with my computer.
All front keypad buttons worked prior to me programing.
When I went to switch banks I noticed the buttons no longer worked.
I opened the global settings but I can't make any changes.
I appreciate any help with this.
Thanks

Onelick

100 yards west of the east branch of the Antietam
When in RES, go up to the top line under Options, make sure you have the correct radio highlighted. Then, on the top right there's a section titled "config" with "menu" and "buttons". Click on "Buttons" and it will open up a new, smaller window with the configuration for the button for which ever model radio you selected at the beginning.

Hope this helps,
Onelick

Startree

Thanks for your reply!
I made sure the correct radio is checked in options. But have not found any button menu
Sorry to be a PIA.

Startree

I managed to get the controls operating by sliding the functions from available to used in menu/controls.
Thanks for your help and this forum

Startree

Thanks for reply. Let me check on that. Also Even though it's working I don't think the radio has the power it should have. My feeling is it's something to do with programiing.

Startree

The P150 and the S version use that software. FW 1.6.1 and SW 1.2.0
Thanks, any thoughts on excessive battery use? With out doing a whole lot of transmitting I went through three clam shells yesterday. I've ordered a rechargeable batt but I'm thinking that won't solve my problem.

rsmith7799

So when I tech a class o the radios I tell the people "It's a computer with an antenna on top" The radio even if you don't scan, light is off and don't talk it will go through batteries like you said. You aught to see the batteries we use on a wildland fire her in CA.
The rechargeable WILL help.
As far as the power, each channel can be programmed to HI or LOW power.

Startree

So when I tech a class o the radios I tell the people "It's a computer with an antenna on top" The radio even if you don't scan, light is off and don't talk it will go through batteries like you said. You aught to see the batteries we use on a wildland fire her in CA.
The rechargeable WILL help.
As far as the power, each channel can be programmed to HI or LOW power.
Thanks, I'm just used to my GPH that I could transmit a lot during the day and get through with two clamshells.