Knox Co Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auburn

When programming for the Knox Co trunked system, do I need to load all of the 800 freqs, or only the updated ones? I ask because when I download from the RR database, I did not get all of the published frequencies. Thanks.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
When i downloaded the system I put a check on each box then opened each one and took the check off the ones i did not want because you will get alot of school and transit buses you may not want to hear and alot of talk around. work great for me.

Auburn

Thanks. That's what I do for talkgroups, but I'm wondering about the freqs. RR only downloads 854.4125, 859.2125, 858.2125, & 857.2125. There are about 18 more 800 freqs that don't download. The question is ...do I need them all?

kel415

Premium Subscriber
That is what it downloaded in mine also for system freq. it also downloaded 6 more in the trunking tables
did u check that. I use win500 or r u talking about conv. freq. I have heard others say if you get the control channels that should do it and others say get them all I just take what it downloads and let it go, been working good for me

n4yek

854.4125, 859.2125, 858.2125, & 857.2125........The question is ...do I need them all?

If your scanner can do Control Channel Only trunking, then those four freqs will be all you need. The scanner will switch to a voice channel when told to do so by the control channel all by itself.

Auburn

If your scanner can do Control Channel Only trunking, then those four freqs will be all you need. The scanner will switch to a voice channel when told to do so by the control channel all by itself.

Great. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.