Knox County Public Safety feed down

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrannyDtn

Anyone know what has been up with this feed? Been off for several days, very spotty when it does come back up.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.

Actually in this case, this is the wrong response. For queries regarding feeds having issues such as static, dropping off etc.. There is an link on the feed to the provider to let them know of issues. Always use the provider link first to contact them. If an feed is literally gone, then yes, see the link quoted. :) Come to think of it... The advice I just gave should be its own sticky! Such is life!

I am guessing your talking about this feed for Knox County TN?

Knox County Public Safety

In that case this is the provider link:
johnmessner RadioReference.com Member Profile

Nasby

I read all that. Was just hoping maybe the owner of the feed would say what's up. Working again as of last night around 10 and still working this morning.

Thanks

Many of the feed providers don't really check on the forums to review posts about issues with their feeds.

Like Mike said try to contact the provider directly.

jblackst

Feed Provider
[This post is my OPINION but is based on facts from another site]

There is a Facebook group the feed admin hosts (private) and it appears that he is taking the feed up and down to manipulate the users there. Last week he stated he was updating windows and since then it's been up and down. He also made it a point to let his 'listeners' know that he has north of $1400 tied up in this feed ($460 for the scanner and $1000 for a laptop). Unfortunately, most of the listeners from this FB feed don't understand how the hosting at Broadcastify works.

TL;DR: it appears to be the feed provider himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.