Knox County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
Hey, I hope everyone is staying safe during these troubling times! I am here to ask a question about the Knox County, Kentucky database page (Knox County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference). It is my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) that if a signal is analog, it cannot be encrypted like a digital (NXDN, P25, etc) signal can. I noticed that the following channels were llisten with an E beside them, but are not listed as digital:

WPTP774 453.400...Knox EMS
WPTP774 453.500...Knox FD
Among others.

Can somebody clarify on this? Is it actually possible to encrypt analog signals the way you do with digital ones?

Thanks for any help on this, and just FYI, I don't intend to come off as trying to contradict the database; I just am genuinely curious.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Hey, I hope everyone is staying safe during these troubling times! I am here to ask a question about the Knox County, Kentucky database page (Knox County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference). It is my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) that if a signal is analog, it cannot be encrypted like a digital (NXDN, P25, etc) signal can. I noticed that the following channels were llisten with an E beside them, but are not listed as digital:

WPTP774 453.400...Knox EMS
WPTP774 453.500...Knox FD
Among others.

Can somebody clarify on this? Is it actually possible to encrypt analog signals the way you do with digital ones?

Thanks for any help on this, and just FYI, I don't intend to come off as trying to contradict the database; I just am genuinely curious.

Hope everyone is safe and well.
You can use Voice Inversion and DES 56 Bit on analog. Analog Encryption has always sounded horrible to me on the receiving side with a correct key, voice is quiet and scratchy and hard to understand. I would have thought by now Knox would have moved everyone to Digital.

BC2001

Jesse
You can use Voice Inversion and DES 56 Bit on analog. Analog Encryption has always sounded horrible to me on the receiving side with a correct key, voice is quiet and scratchy and hard to understand. I would have thought by now Knox would have moved everyone to Digital.
Yeah, I was thinking that as well. I do know that the Sheriff Frequencies are NXDN Encrypted, as it says on the database. I guess it may be possible that they have moved to digital, but it hasn't been updated here yet. Don't quote me on that though, I am just guessing.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Yeah, I was thinking that as well. I do know that the Sheriff Frequencies are NXDN Encrypted, as it says on the database. I guess it may be possible that they have moved to digital, but it hasn't been updated here yet. Don't quote me on that though, I am just guessing.
Do you mind if I could private message you?

Status
Not open for further replies.