Knox School Bus DMR/KCS Simplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

Knox County school Bus Contractors have been tranistioning to DMR over the past year. And I was wondering if anybody's knows the frequencies or system they use? Lately I have been ridding the bus to and from track/cross country events. The radios on these buses are not analog like the ones I already found and submitted to the database. It seems to have great coverage whatever system they are using The signal picked up all the way to a high school near Johnson city to down toward Chattanooga had full bars in middle of downtown knoxville near the Worlds Fair Park where my school is. I have been wanting to upgrade DMR on my scanner but I was unsure if the new frieqeincies where scrambled like the bid for the radios said. I just don't want to waste money if I can't monitor them any help would be appreciated I assume they rent the system. Repeater possibly on green top? Also I have noticed a lot of school use the the frequencies with the license of WQSH790 to communicate simplex around knox with Vertex Radios that the school system leases to schools.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If MotoTRBO (DMR) Try these:
WPSG574 (Metro Communications LLC) FCC Callsign Details SMR TRS
WPTE493 (Metro Communications LLC) FCC Callsign Details Conventional SMR DMR Yes, all of the Metro Com systems statewide are going MotoTRBO... TRSs are most likely CON+ systems!
The rest of the SMR systems are analog LTR, or analog conventional, with 1 or 2 NXDN ones, one of which is encrypted (Land Air Communications, same system that Sevier County is on, has several locations in Knox County, including in Knoxville!)

Otherwise they are on the Knox County Schools UHF Conventional repeaters, or the 800 MHz TRSs.

Status
Not open for further replies.