Knox Schools Moving toward DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

It seems their has been alot of new licensing to move Knox Schools in-school and bus comms to Mototurbo. South Doyle High is believed to be DMR as I constantly hear digital growls in the school year but i've been unable to confirm besides their license indicating that they are licensed to use mototurbo and analog. A new license has also been issued at Farragut Intermediate & Middle School for mototurbo I believe that the might use that then put the high school on it as well one slot for the middle & intermediate since they are in the same building then the second slot for the high school. The two holdouts from analog uhf from transportation should be moving to the 800 mototurbo trunking system soon. West High is also Mototurbo licensed but seem that they were still using analog this past school year. The rest of the high schools appear to be the same for now. The simplex channels that the schools use countywide with different dcs codes and pl per school seem to still be licensed as analog WQSH700. I'm gonna be hard at work identifying the school bus operators talkgroups as too which talkgroups belong to which contractor as well as the new Farragut School Repeater when i purchase the dmr upgrade.here are also some private school comms popping up to be moturbo and analog as well throughout the county.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Sounds similar to whats going on around here too... So that adds in another project for me in a month or so when all the schools get busier again... They run year round here, with breaks, but are not as busy in summer, when the sports seasons are not rolling. During the traditional school year, it is a lot busier with facilities, and athletics folks talking a lot, as well as more admin and security talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.