Knoxville Airport LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb970

I have been trying to listen to the Fire Dept at the air base and I never hear anything. I placed all talk groups in and still nothing. I live at the Sevier Knox County line so I figured I live close enough to revive traffic from there. Am listening to the wrong system? Wrong talk groups?

n4yek

You might not be close enough to hear it. They are not going to make a system that covers a wide area if they don't have the need to do so.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Mobile coverage is licensed to 10 mile radius of BOTH sites, the primary system at the airport in Alcoa, and the single freq site in Knoxville.
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WPTM770 - METROPOLITAN KNOXVILLE AIRPORT AUTHORITY - Locations Summary

And there is only 1 TG listed so far for that system...

I am unsure if Knox County, or Blount County has Fire response for the airport since it IS in Alcoa in Blount County... If Blount, it would be on TACN, if Knox, the Knox County TRS for right now until the new TACN core is installed, and the old TRS converted over.

Last edited by a moderator:

N2AL

That type of system are they using? I am guessing a Tunkel system by your reference of talk groups. What does the F.C.C.'s ULS state for their operating power?

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
McGhee Tyson airport is City of Knoxville property operated by Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority. The MKAA LTR system does use the Ops Talkgroup, but if the OP is referring to the airbase that is McGhee Tyson Air National Guard base and has its' own LTR system.

zachgallop

I have heard Mghee Tyson key up every Morning at the end of Knoxville Fire Dept Radio Check on KCPS 800mhz Trunking System. But I haven't heard them on the LTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.