Knoxville Questions Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack3726

Does anyone know who is on 155.070, I get hits that it is cumberland county but I do not think that it is. Also, what is the freq for TN Highway Patrol for the area, lastly, who controls the voice inversion that I am hearing on Loudon County Freq 460.450, is it the patrol car or the dispatcher.

n4yek

1) 155.070 is either Cumberland County Sheriff or Hamblen County 911 Dispatch
2) TN Highway Patrol: 42.56 MHz Dispatch, 42.26 MHz repeater input (only heard when they are close to you), 72.58 MHz Car to Base, 45.70 MHz Car to Car (talk around repeater)
3) Both, all they do is switch to a channel programmed for the voice inversion

Last edited:

N2AL

Jack,

The voice inversion is the "same channel" , officers have scramble boards in their radios , same as dispatch. So in order to hear what is being said , the officer (or dispatcher) must switch to scramble to hear it.

All police depts. in Loudon County have the voice inversion function.

n4yek

Jack,

The voice inversion is the "same channel" , officers have scramble boards in their radios , same as dispatch. So in order to hear what is being said , the officer (or dispatcher) must switch to scramble to hear it.

All police depts. in Loudon County have the voice inversion function.

I didn't mean they were changing frequencies, Both channels have the same frequency, one is using voice inversion the other isn't. Some radios you just push a button, some radio will automatically switch when they hear the inversion. It all depends on what radios they use, how they are programmed, and how new the equipment is they are using. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.