Kodiak, Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

kc8mvw

Those are on the DB under Alaska. Most are fairly accurate and several are encrypted, even though it is not shown as such.

Change your step from 12.5KHz to 5KHz.

jak122

I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but you could find out easily enough.

Download and install Pro96Com, hook up either the Rat Shack #20-047 or GRE 30-3290 programming cable to either a Pro-96, Pro-2096, Pro-197, Pro-106 or any compatible digital scanner and watch your computer screen.

If you're using Uniden the procedure will be quite different of course.

If I were within receiving distance from those radio towers I would gladly supply you the TGs.

Interestingly enough, I have come up with talkgroups from the ALMR system from Anchorage, Fairbanks, etc using the wildcard setting on my two Pro-197s. I'm not certain, but I think those two cities have something to do with being connected to major road systems.

Which is odd in itself to say since I'm based near Juneau.....

Anyhow, best of luck to you

EDIT: I forgot to add you need to program those control frequencies, but I suspect you may have already been aware of that.

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Change your step from 12.5KHz to 5KHz.

Why or where would he have to change the step size?

BTW, the State of Alaska has a special waiver from the FCC to use 12.5kHz steps in the 154.6500 to 156.2400 frequency range for the ALMR system. Just like they have a waiver to use the military band in the 138-144MHz band also for the frequency inputs with 12.5kHz steps also.

Status
Not open for further replies.