• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-44D questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFR427

Premium Subscriber
I'm using KPG-44D version 2.03 to program TK-890 UHF Mobile. I'm familiar with Motorola programing but this is my first kenwood venture. The help index is a tad of help, but I still have a few more questions. I've done some searching through the threads to see what else i can find out but i did not uncover the exact answers i am looking for.

First off, is there any way to enable MDC 1200 tx ID on this radio/software? I have read some about adding option boards and i have no clue if these radios we have already have the option board or not. (I doubt they do.) If not, is there any way to make a TX ID that could be identified from a Motorola radio?

Secondly, is there any way to rearrange the channel order without going through the trouble of inserting blank channels and copying the channel to be moved then deleting it's source location? The way i finally figured out how to move them around is just a pain.

Any other tips would also be appreciated.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Secondly, is there any way to rearrange the channel order without going through the trouble of inserting blank channels and copying the channel to be moved then deleting it's source location?
Not that I've ever found. It's not the friendliest software around.

code3cowboy

I'm using KPG-44D version 2.03 to program TK-890 UHF Mobile. I'm familiar with Motorola programing but this is my first kenwood venture. The help index is a tad of help, but I still have a few more questions. I've done some searching through the threads to see what else i can find out but i did not uncover the exact answers i am looking for.

First off, is there any way to enable MDC 1200 tx ID on this radio/software? I have read some about adding option boards and i have no clue if these radios we have already have the option board or not. (I doubt they do.) If not, is there any way to make a TX ID that could be identified from a Motorola radio?

Secondly, is there any way to rearrange the channel order without going through the trouble of inserting blank channels and copying the channel to be moved then deleting it's source location? The way i finally figured out how to move them around is just a pain.

Any other tips would also be appreciated.

Any MDC1200 is going to be an aftermarket board programmed separately. The only option you will have is turning it on/off.

Changing the channel order can be accomplished by F9 and F10 to add and delete channels, and the copy and paste functions.

Think of each zone as an index card/spread sheet.

Deviation (wide/narrow) is set in the channel edit screen.

HFR427

Premium Subscriber
Thanks folks, I appreciate your help. I figured MDC 1200 would not work but I figured i would ask and confirm. I also realized that this software is not user friendly as mentioned. I moved the channels around via the shift+F9 and shift +F10 and copy/paste functions. Once again, thanks for the help!

MCIAD

Thanks folks, I appreciate your help. I figured MDC 1200 would not work but I figured i would ask and confirm. I also realized that this software is not user friendly as mentioned. I moved the channels around via the shift+F9 and shift +F10 and copy/paste functions. Once again, thanks for the help!

I realize this is a VERY old thread, but I am trying to program a TK-790 (CDF) with the KPG-44D sioftware, which works quite nicely, but I want to "shuffle" some groups and/or channels around. I get the SHIFT|F9 and SHIFT|10, but how does one COPY & PASTE?

Please? It would save me quite a bit of time...

Thanks!

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I don't use the F9 and F10, but I do cut and paste by highlighting the line I want to move (click on the channel number in the left margin, the whole line will highlight), then right-click the mouse and "copy". Move to the line you want to paste it to, click the line number (the whole line will highlight), and right-click and "paste". Then go back up and highlight the original line, press delete, and the line is gone (and your bytes counter in the upper right corner will change accordingly). It is actually pretty easy, and makes reordering groups pretty painless, as long as you have some spare memory for the cut-paste operations. Hope that helps.

MCIAD

I don't use the F9 and F10, but I do cut and paste by highlighting the line I want to move (click on the channel number in the left margin, the whole line will highlight), then right-click the mouse and "copy". Move to the line you want to paste it to, click the line number (the whole line will highlight), and right-click and "paste". Then go back up and highlight the original line, press delete, and the line is gone (and your bytes counter in the upper right corner will change accordingly). It is actually pretty easy, and makes reordering groups pretty painless, as long as you have some spare memory for the cut-paste operations. Hope that helps.

Thanks Duster, however I think we may be using different software, or at least different versions.

When I click on the line number and it highlights the entire line, then right click, I get two options, "To Clip" and To Clip w/Title". I am sure the To Clip is, basically, COPY, but there is no paste option, and CNTRL|V doesn't work either.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
That's odd...I've never seen that. Definitely something's different. I'm using the most current version for Windows, on a Win98 laptop.

Sent from my Samsung S5 on Tapatalk

MCIAD

Looking at my software info, this might be 1st edition.

KPG-44D
Version 1.00B01
Release Date: 06/21/2002

Perhaps I should look for a new version - I am sure Silverado has to have updated it since 2002.

Thanks again ..

MCIAD

AND...

Just to close out this thread (or my part of it), I called the SW writer - Silverado - looking for a software update and was told that Copy and Paste is not possible. The software doesn't support it.

And that answers my question - perhaps I should have done that to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.