• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-74D System Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I have two trunking systems set up for my radio in the KPG-74D software. They are on the same trunking system, however, they have different home channels due to the complexity of my workplace's trunking system.

I know there is a System Merge function in the software, but I am unsure of how to use it. Can anyone please lend me a hand with it?

Thank you!

CVC

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I bungled the pics, see next thread...

Attachments

• ZM4.jpg
    ZM4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I feel your pain. To completely re-type a zone when all that is needed is a home channel change is a pain. Zone merge is a great tool for anytime you want to reconfigure your zone line-up.

Here it is in a nutshell:

When you first bring up zone merge you'll see three columns. The left column is the the data file and reflects the current zone line-up. The right column is the source file. This is your "scratchpad" you can copy select zones to. The middle column is how you select what zones to copy back and forth. Notice by pressing the change button, you can alter the direction of which way you copy (picture #1).

In my example. I want to relocate zones 1,3, and 6. First I hit the change button so the arrow is to the right (copy to source file). In the middle column, for the first three slots I enter 1, 3, and 6. Then I press copy. Those are now over in the source file (picture #2).

Now that I have a copy of those zones, I press change to reverse the arrow to the left (copy to data file). Now in the center column I put these three slots from the source file EXACTLY opposite to what I want to copy back into the data file (picture #3).

Now press copy and the source file zones will be copied back onto the data file. At this point, if you hose things up, the only way to correct is to back out without saving anything, reload the archive and start over again (picture #4).

This is a great way to organize your zones, create spaces to add new ones, or in your case add a zone with a simple home channel and GID change. If you want to copy just a single channel/GID, cut
and paste works just fine.

Attachments

• ZM1.jpg
    ZM1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 644
  • ZM2.jpg
    ZM2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 465
  • ZM3.jpg
    ZM3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 614
  • ZM4.jpg