• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-89 for windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwilds

Hello, I am trying to find out if they have come up with a version of KPG-89D that works on Windows 10. I have an older copy of the software that works on Wondows XP. Any help would be great.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Let's see, that's for the 718x radios, right? I have one of those and have successfully programmed with it from Windows 10.

Have you tried to install it?

mwilds

It is also for the TK 2180 portable radio. I have installed it, but it is saying my connector isn't right. But when I check that it says i have the current driver for the cable. I can't get the com port to work.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
If you have 32 bit installed it should work. Ive found most older programming software will not function properly with 64bit software due to unable to address com ports.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If you have 32 bit installed it should work. Ive found most older programming software will not function properly with 64bit software due to unable to address com ports.
Second that motion. Believe you need to run it as 32 bit for the driver to work.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I have not had to run KPG-89D v1.61 in any special modes. Make sure if you're using a crappy knock-off connector that you use an old version of the Prolofic driver. If you're using a usb->serial adapter into a genuine cable or other serial cable, make sure it's an FTDI chipset adapter or you're using a proper driver.

1.61 (the latest and last) should have no issues. I have mine setup using 10 different com-ports (2 4-port usb-serial squids for my rack of radios plus an integrated com port (com1) and a cheap usb-to-multipin for the 180 portables. All on 64bit Windows 10 with no special changes. Literally install and run. I have 9 different FPUs on this computer

Status
Not open for further replies.