• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D1N from one computer to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
My apologies if this has been discussed before. I wanted a thread to discuss the process of moving the KPG-D1N software/license from my old laptop, to new one. I only use it for one radio setup. Is this possible, or do I need to purchase a new Key for new Laptop.

a417

I believe it needs to be deactivated on the computer you are on, then it can be reactivated on the new laptop. There are many people on here who can speak authoritatively on that.

Cognomen

It's easy. Deactivate using License Management Client. Install D1N on the new computer and activate with LMC. You do not need to uninstall D1N from the old computer, just deactivate.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
It would also help to have you LMC activated with an account key (free by the way), that also will allow you to push radio features in the future.
I be my own rule offer a 5 seat set up so you can have 5 chances of being able to recover your software at the worst possible times.
That being said, there IS NO limit to the number of PC per account key. 1 to xxxx, but rule of thumb is for a single person, 5 is usually good.

NOTE: even with the LMC registered, radio features are a 1 time deal after 72 hours, that key belongs to that radio forever.
Some people will stress over there list having a key that says 0/1 and cant figure out how to pull it from the radio. Does not work that way.

Contact your local dealer or I can guide you on more information 1 on 1.

imow; does not hurt to get your LMC account key (jkefa) so you can move about pc's with your software.

*NOTE: WIDE BAND KEYS CAN NOT BE RECOVERED DUE TO ELECTRONIC FAILURES!

lmn1tjd131

Feed Provider
Make sure to write down the machine code for each PC you use the software license on and save somewhere safe. My laptop drive blew up with the license active on it and I didn't have the machine code for it. Luckily I only had used it on two different machines. Kenwood deleted the machine code for my broken PC and restored my ability to use again on the other machine. Probably a good practice to deactivate the license after each use regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.