• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D1N Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hey All.

I have had an NX-5700 mobile since they were released. My employer is purchasing NX-5200/5700's to replace TK-2180/5710's.
I want to take the template for my personal 5700 and push it to a work 5200. I have P25 enabled on my radio, but not on the work radios. If I try to write to the work radio, it won't write without wiping out the template data due to having to uncheck P25 in the transceiver info window.
Am I missing something or is there a workaround? I really do not want to have to do a full rebuild.

Also, is the software still supposed to be excruciatingly slow? When in personality mode, there is a several second delay when entering single letters into the personality name field, for one example. Opening the software and a working template takes about 5 minutes. Nothing about it is speedy.

Thanks!
Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Ok. Thanks.

I managed to salvage most of the template and am back in business.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dapaq2

Also, is the software still supposed to be excruciatingly slow?

YES the program STILL runs extremely/excruciatingly slow.

buddrousa may not see a problem with the KPG-D1NK software, but I am very surprised to hear that he doesnt experience the same problem(s) the rest of us do.

Heck... just entering text via the keyboard (like you described) is very slow at responding and showing up, changing zones/personalities/options/selections/Etc... are slow, there are delays everywhere with everything in this software. Just opening the MLC300 program or opening a .dat file and loading the data is slow, average time is 4 to 5 minutes just to open and load a .dat file. Anytime I open a .dat file I will usually walk away and find something to do for 5 or 10 minutes. All software programs and functions related to these new NX5000 series radios are slow, slow as road tar on a cold day!

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
One of our state purchasing people (for radio, speed measuring etc.) told me he was informed that kenwood was planning a completely new programming software with different GUI --- not an upgrade of present KPG-D1N. Not sure if this is dealer smoke to sell gear (we're not happy with present cps) or true. With all the dealers hanging out here I would have expected to have heard this by now if true.

I run a 3.3 ghz with 16gb ram and software is quite sluggish. Program slow to start, code plug even slower to load. For entities who seldom make changes to codeplugs probably no big deal. If you program a lot, especially in the field then the slowness starts to annoy. I've experienced some crashes after doing a lot of input so now I hit the save button every few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.