• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D3 - IMPORT TIPS USING 141 and 111 to make it work (12-20-2017 EFM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Okay, some of you think I just don't do enough stuff to help other people out, and well, here you go.

Radio Shop Tech Help: How to work KPG-D3 to your advantage

My notes:
Here is my 4 hours of beating the daylights out of D3 (nx-3000 series FPU) and having a NEED to make 9 different codeplugs for a system I maintain, and now 3300/3320 coming into play. I have plenty of 141 files
but it just wont import to my needs correctly.

WHAT TO USE: KPG-141 and KPG-111
MULTIPLE LTR ZONES WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS EITHER! JUST 1 LTR ZONE WILL.

Edit added: * A single Zone 141 Export WILL IMPORT ALSO, Just check all settings!

Scenario: I have 2 zones with 1 conventional and 1 digital trunking zone in a mass use customer
with 20 series radio, and now I have to go shove a NX-3320 or 3300 into the mix as they are now
the "NOW RADIO".

SOLUTION TO THE ISSUE WITH IMPORT:
1: take your 141 customer file, EXPORT IT OUT (0f course any changes can happen/be made now too)

2: open KPG-111D(N) and using the same split and information from 141, IMPORT THAT .itm file into it.

3: change anything you want with names to include FULL name verse 7 char. name

4: EXPORT THAT SAME .itm out, and put it in your KPG-D3 folder/<customer name> and name it.

5 In D3, make sure you have either 6 button or full keypad, on the left click on the file drop down and select
IMPORT

6: locate the file you JUST SENT FROM 111D to D3, and OPEN IT.
* NOTE, if zone one is DIGITAL TRUNKING, IT WILL BE THE LAST IN THE LIST UNDER SYSTEMS!
DO NOT FRET OVER THIS, LEAVE IT BE, trust me.

7: Go into Trunking Network, check and make sure your table info is there, then make sure your hunt table info is correct. Adjust your Hunt option number Network Information tab.

8: Click on Systems, System list, it will show N for Normal and say System 1, this is your analog or NXDN information. rename to suit your needs. Then check system/Personalities Tab. **

*ANY CONVENTIONAL SETTINGS: CHECK POWER LEVEL, by default, it will set the power to MEDIUM.

9: Personalities Tab; here you will see what you saw in 111 or 141 you wanted to carry over.
Trunking

10: look at the icon next to the system number, it will show N for NXDN (or site roam or roam with ran), N with a tower for NXDN Trunking, L for LTR, D for DMR or DMR Site Roaming, or A for Analog only
*you can't change it after the fact without deleting the Zone/Chl info first <----- HARD NOTE

11: NXDN Trunk; General Tab; if you have multiple system keys (like i do) adjust it to the CORRECT SYSTEM. HARD NOTE: Personality names will show-up under your ZONE/Channel menu! On this tab, it will say PER ##, just follow along. make sure the GID or multiple GID's are correct and in your desired order

12: Click on ZONE/CHANNEL

13: Here you want to move zones around and reorder them, YES YOU CAN!
COPY, PASTE and then DELETE what you no longer need, and then RENAME THE ZONE NAME. Simple enough.

>>>> Make sure you copy and paste on the Channel table side of the screen to another zone! NOT THE ZONE LIST IT SELF! <<<

(anyone with apx software will know that the personality and system thing will shine bright here)
You can switch between channel list formats with the two icons above the words Channel List/Table

IN CHL TABLE or LIST you can then see that your ALPHANUMERIC NAMES are to the right as you slide the page bar to the right. (You can also use the Quick Edit button)

FEATURES:
14; Go through the Global options and adjust to your customer needs.

SAVE IT! test it out. build out with it.

So I note, I can use both 141, and 111 files, there are some minor tweaks YOU HAVE TO DO because
of the model and certain settings. To note, I feel if the channel is high power so should the import be also.
That is not the case, it will default to medium power. Save your Fingers. don't fret over the PER 1 - ???
name. Then Channel name is the only thing that will be displayed on the front of the radio. LET IT BE.
It carries over from the import file.

Enjoy!

Thank you.

MSS-Dave

Thanks for the work on this. Playing with D3 now to test what you came up with.

Any chance you took a 111DN file and directly imported to D3 to see if you get the same thing as 141 to 111 to D3? Just tried a 111 to D3, it brought everything over but the LTR systems files. Customer is setup for 1 zone for each "channel" equalling 19 zones, not 1 zone with all. Mix of Type C, analog and LTR. It even brought the power setting over correctly, 111 file is for 800H.

Progress anyway, way better than before. Another complaint is the GUI of D3 isn't well suited for non-widescreen laptops. Instead of a separate window, you have to slide it right to see everything in the window.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.