• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG111D v5.21 bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Latest firmware and software with a NX-200.

It appears that in a MDC1200 zone, you can not select MDC1200 in the ‘channel edit’ -> ‘Optional Signalling’ MDC1200 does not appear. Only DTMF and 2tone. I have set a random MDC120 ID before trying to select it in the channel edit window.

Has anyone else come across this? @kd4efm

I know the NX-x00 are near EOL, and likely not going to see another firmware/software release.

I may have to go backwards to software v4.70 and matching firmware (MDC1200 worked with this release)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
I'm running V5.00. I'm a new user of Kenwood NX-xxx series, by the way. I recently acquired an NX-300 for NXDN via a MMDVM ZUMspot and Jumbospot. I'm learning this CPS too.

Mine is also greyed out, but reading the help file, Optional Signaling (analog) selection is only for SELCAL, using DMTF, 2-Tone, or FleetSync.

I set up a conventional zone with analog channels. MDC-1200 is zone specific. In order to transmit and/or receive MDC1200, the zone has to be set up as such. First look under 'edit, zone information' and see if the signaling type is MDC-1200 at the top. Every channel in that zone will decode MDC-1200. Specific channels have to be set up for PTT ID BOT, EOT or both. This is done in Channel Edit, PTT ID (Analog).

Hope this helps.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I'm running V5.00. I'm a new user of Kenwood NX-xxx series, by the way. I recently acquired an NX-300 for NXDN via a MMDVM ZUMspot and Jumbospot. I'm learning this CPS too.

Mine is also greyed out, but reading the help file, Optional Signaling (analog) selection is only for SELCAL, using DMTF, 2-Tone, or FleetSync.

I set up a conventional zone with analog channels. MDC-1200 is zone specific. In order to transmit and/or receive MDC1200, the zone has to be set up as such. First look under 'edit, zone information' and see if the signaling type is MDC-1200 at the top. Every channel in that zone will decode MDC-1200. Specific channels have to be set up for PTT ID BOT, EOT or both.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm that makes sense to me, I just thought I had to select it in the drop down menu. Will dig into this and will report back shortly.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
The drop-down menu to enable PTT ID is Channel Edit, PTT ID (analog). BOT = beginning of transmission. EOT = End of transmission.
Select OFF and the radio will not transmit PTT ID.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
PTT ID (analog) will be greyed out if the specific zone is not set up for MDC-1200 signaling.

Also, under Edit, MDC-1200, turn on the checkbox for Caller ID Display for the receiving MDC ID to show up on your radio's display.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
PTT ID (analog) will be greyed out if the specific zone is not set up for MDC-1200 signaling.

Also, under Edit, MDC-1200, turn on the checkbox for Caller ID Display for the receiving MDC tone to show up on your radio's display.

Thanks. I’m quite familiar with the NX-x00 series, I have not played with MDC1200 much(it’s annoying AF to listen to). I have an agency near me that uses MDC1200 to RTT, and have used both my NX-200 and NX-700 to display the MDC1200 transmissions, but was doing some experimenting with Fleetsync with my NX-200 and a TK-2212.

I just confirmed that you don’t select MDC1200 from the optional signalling drop down in the channel edit screen like you do with Fleetsync.

Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.