KPH Night of Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From Mike Terry at World of Radio, and undoubtedly mentioned on other reflectors too...notice that there are both ham and utility freqs here, and they are a good verifier, if a bit slow...

The event marks the day in 1999 when commercial maritime radiotelegraphy formally ended, and is normally held every July 12. However, there may be some uncertainty this year for safety reasons. Chief Operator Richard Dillman announced on June 30 that the station would not be operating for its usual Saturday transmissions that day because of extreme fire danger.
We'll have word on schedules and other planned participants on this page in a few days. Frequencies for KPH: 426, 500, 4247.0, 6477.5, 8642.0, 12808.5, 17016.8, 22447.5; KFS: 12695.5; K6KPH: 3550.0, 7050.0. 14050.0, 18097.5, 21050.0 kHz.

More information about the organization is at their Web site: radiomarine.org

Mike

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the headsup OM. Have to get back on the shortwave receiver and listen in.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From Richard Dillman on the UDXF group...a little more info on the Night of Nights event...

MRHS Bulletin - Night of Nights XIX

Just one correction: the station phone number is +1 415-669-9646

A reminder for newcomers - there are several free packages out there that will copy CW; these include FLDigi (and its Android driven brother Tivar), MultiPSK and Sigmira.

I don't know of anything free for the Mac, but I am told Black Cat's MultiMode program works well. Also check out CocoaModem. Similarly, not free, but there's IPad Morse.

Links for all of these can be found in the page found in my sig line

Mike

Last edited:

GB46

A reminder for newcomers - there are several free packages out there that will copy CW; these include FLDigi (and its Android driven brother Tivar), MultiPSK and Sigmira.
There's also HamScope: http://www.qsl.net/hamscope/.

I've used it with very good results on both CW and amateur RTTY. It's a much less complicated program and easier to set up than the others, mainly because it doesn't offer nearly as many modes.

If you do use HamScope for RTTY, however, the link on that page for downloading the required MMTTY engine is broken, but you can find it here: http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmtty.php

Currently I'm using MultiPSK, which is excellent and supports dozens of modes, but takes a long time to launch on my machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.