• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPT-300 Licensing Management Client Q&A/Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

I'm creating this thread for people to
ask/answer and share info relating to Kenwood's KPT-300 licensing management client program that is used with Kenwood's NX-5000 series. I ask that anyone share any tips, tricks, knowledge so that people like me can better understand the software.

After purchasing a Bluetooth license a few months back I finally found the time to attempt to activate the license on my 5200. I followed the directions to the best of my ability as followed. I connected my radio, added the license key to the client, clicked refresh which shows all current features on the radio and lastly authenticated the feature which writes it to the radio. The radio acts as if the feature has been written by powering back up as normal however I don't get the authentication successful window on the computer and the radio still doesn't have bluetooth. The number of available licenses went from 1/1 to 0/1 so that tells me the license went somewhere. When I attempted to cancel the license or remove it from the radio before the 72 time limit I get a error saying the license has already been canceled by the radio. Has this happened to anyone else? It's probably already too late to cancel the authentication and get the license back onto my computer but I thought I'd ask before I attempt to do this again and lose another license key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohiohonda

<Procedure for Authenticating a Radio Feature License Key (Online)>
General
This document contains the step by step procedure for Authenticating a Radio Feature License Key while
online.
Note: KPT‐300LMC Account Registration Setup is required prior to Authenticating a Radio Feature
License Key.
Materials
 Radio Feature License key file (*.jkefr)
 KPT‐300LMC (License Management Client)
Step by Step Instructions

Step 1: Open the KPT‐300LMC software
The KPT‐300LMC software is located in the same directory as the KPG‐D1N software, see screen shot
below. Double click on “Setup.exe” to launch KPT‐300LMC

Step 2: Confirm that your PC is connected to the internet then open the KPT‐300LMC and confirm that
the Online condition is selected.

Step 3: In the KPT‐300LMC select “Radio” under Authentication then drag and drop the Radio License
key files (*.jkefr) into the left side of the KPT‐300LMC window. Or one could manually enter the Radio
License Key number in the License Entry window.

Step 4: After dragging and dropping the License Key file to the left side of the KPT‐300LMC select the
License Key to be authenticated by double clicking the box.

Step 5: Click the “Radio Authentication” button on the right side to complete the authentication.
The following confirmation window will appear and the authenticated License key will appear on the right
side in red.

The above is directly from the manual. After you have activated the feature you will need to enable it from the KPG-D1N software. To do this you would go to the edit tab at the top. Click the product information icon on the top left of the page. This will cause the program to pop up another window. In this window at the bottom you will have a read configuration tab. After reading the configuration the Bluetooth serial port profile tab should allow you to enable it now. With this enabled you should be able to use the features within the program. I am by no means a expert with this software but have used it to enable features with the above sets. Hope this helps.

Colton25

For some reason I didn't see that you had replied to my question until now. I was following all the steps and like I said I never got the confirmation window. It shows 0/1 available licenses so the license must be in the radio. I'll try reading the radio in the programming software and see if it detects the Bluetooth feature. If it doesn't then I'm guessing the license got lost is cyberspace and my only option will be to purchase another license key.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
For some reason I didn't see that you had replied to my question until now. I was following all the steps and like I said I never got the confirmation window. It shows 0/1 available licenses so the license must be in the radio. I'll try reading the radio in the programming software and see if it detects the Bluetooth feature. If it doesn't then I'm guessing the license got lost is cyberspace and my only option will be to purchase another license key.

Did you through D1, read the radio config?
This will tell you if the license was applied to it.
If it is not there, then contact your dealer, have the original EMAIL from Kenwood with
the BT license, so it can be forwarded back to the dealer (or if they have a copy of it), dealer will then needs
to email Tech Support with supporting information (snapshot of the product info, the KPT-300 with the refresh, the KPG-D1 Transceiver Info Screenshot, and your contact information.
Kenwood will work with you to correct what ever happened through your dealer.

(Lead time right now is about 3 days)

I am busy with them working on a scanning issue that was found in 2.11, but they will get back to the dealer when possible.

EFM

Colton25

It doesn't show the license when reading from D1. I did try refreshing it again using the cancelation in 300 and now it shows the license on the radio on the right side of the screen but it's greyed out so I can't click on it to cancel the authentication.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Need to view it under activation, then refreshing.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Colton25

Look at this, the first picture is when i refresh the radio during authentication, no signs of bluetooth on the radio. The second picture shows when i refresh when attempting to cancel, here it appears to be on the radio.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 21.40.53.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 21.40.53.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 648
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 21.41.23.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 21.41.23.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 732
Status
Not open for further replies.