KSCIS patch work today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidmoose57

Lots of activity this morning, tg1074( Radio Service) testing patches to and from various counties on the KSCIS system. Patches to vhf, uhf and 800 being tested off the 207 site. Including one test to Doniphan county for mutual aid on 867.5125 analog. Sounds like this system is going from complicated to transparent if all the links are succsesful. True push button interop? Sounds more and more likely.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Lots of activity this morning, tg1074( Radio Service) testing patches to and from various counties on the KSCIS system. Patches to vhf, uhf and 800 being tested off the 207 site. Including one test to Doniphan county for mutual aid on 867.5125 analog. Sounds like this system is going from complicated to transparent if all the links are succsesful. True push button interop? Sounds more and more likely.

The Motobridge system is supposed to be a neat IP based interop system. And it is not actually part of KSICS, but a stand alone system that will be operable statewide by the end of this year. Each of the KDOT tower sites will have an 800 analog, UHF, VHF high band and even old VHF-low band (39.58 and 39.70)portal installed.

KDOT is supposed to be putting out a guide to local agencies that will show a map of the state with the tower sites including which MA channels are used for each site. The only cost to local agencies will be the reprogramming of their radios to include the national mutual aid channels (UHF, VHF, 800 etc) if they don't have them already.

To activate the system, a user will call in on one of the MA calling channels and request they patch they want. The KHP Central Dispatch Center in Salina will then route the call and give the user directions on which freq to go to. They can then patch them to any one of the other portals (KSICS, 800, UHF, VHF etc or any combination of portals) on any other tower site in the state. In this way, a Johnson County Fire Chief in Lenexa could get on a V-TAC channel and talk to his crews at a disaster scene in western Kansas (such as Greensburg last year).

I am interested to see if the system will also allow patches into the Johnson County, Wyandotte County, Shawne County and Sedgwick County trunked systems as they are hard-lined into the KHP dispatch center.

Really a neat system- it will be interesting to see how much it is used.

rabidmoose57

This could turn out to be fun

When everything is up and running it sounds like it will be a true treat to listen to! One thing I ommited earlier, the low band test was successful as well on 39.580 in Doniphan Co..I can't wait for it to get done. I wonder if any other states are doing something like this? I see several hours of research to find out.

mpreece

This explains the "whistles" and "test, test, test..." and modulation adjustment I heard last Friday on 39.58, which has virtually no usage any more.

qt31005

Ok if Independence MO is in a car chase in it gose in Kansas will they be able to talk with the local police with the new system? And Dose any know why MO is draging their ass with getting radios up to date

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Just a quick search found Virginia, Georgia, Florida, and Alaska have used or are in the process of installing this technology. The Virginia State Police have even scanned the Motorola brochure and put it on-line.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads/stars_files/Sec_6_Brochure_Master_FINAL_6-7-05.pdf
Thanks for that PDF link, I live in the Southeast corner of Virginia, and a year or so ago listened to several nights of testing from various locations inside tunnels (we have 9 counting both directions). STARS is VHF P25 trunked and the test were made first on VHF then followed on 800.

One month ago this morning we were visiting a sister in law in your fine city.

Last edited:

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Ok if Independence MO is in a car chase in it gose in Kansas will they be able to talk with the local police with the new system?

As long as they have some of the national mutual aid channels programmed in their radios they could talk all the way across the state!

NBW791

Missouri has a statewide mutual aid channel (155.475 I think) and a statewide "Sheriff's Net" channel (155.73 or .37 - can't remember which right now) that sheriff's departments use to call each other. Kansas doesn't really have that. There is "intercity" in the KC area, but the MO agencies don't have that. So right now, no, if Independence MO gets in a chase and comes to Kansas, they just have to rely on their dispatcher to relay information the Kansas dispatchers.

qt31005

Missouri has a statewide mutual aid channel (155.475 I think) and a statewide "Sheriff's Net" channel (155.73 or .37 - can't remember which right now) that sheriff's departments use to call each other. Kansas doesn't really have that. There is "intercity" in the KC area, but the MO agencies don't have that. So right now, no, if Independence MO gets in a chase and comes to Kansas, they just have to rely on their dispatcher to relay information the Kansas dispatchers.

Ya but IPD and IFD can't use their radios for Mutal Aid They have to use a 2nd one. Their is no patch like KCMO or any one on a trunked system.

NBW791

I remember several years ago, only IPD supervisors had mutual aid in their cars.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Acually Gents, The IPD has a 700/800 radio that will do the 800 Mutal Aaid NPSPAC channels as well as the 700 Mhz Mutal Aid Channels so they can indeed move right over here and be connected if need be.

qt31005

Acually Gents, The IPD has a 700/800 radio that will do the 800 Mutal Aaid NPSPAC channels as well as the 700 Mhz Mutal Aid Channels so they can indeed move right over here and be connected if need be.

where would I fond 700Mhz mutal aid ch at

jfranklin

Ok if Independence MO is in a car chase in it gose in Kansas will they be able to talk with the local police with the new system? And Dose any know why MO is draging their ass with getting radios up to date

As it is if Osage county or any other county surrounding Shawnee county except Potowatomi we (oops did I say we) talk on the phone with their dispatcher and relay it to our officers until they catch up to it. The exception to this is KHP and CASP. When in SNCO they operate on our 800 system and we have them in our radio as well as most officers. KTA kicked up a chase the other day that ended up going thru topeka. One dispatcher was on the phone typing it into the narrative while another was reading it and 1067ing officers.

firefive76

Actually Osage County has 800Mhz capability from their dispatch. They can talk on the Topeka Trunking system, Douglas County, and Wabaunsee County all on 800. They can also talk to Coffey and Lyon Counties on UHF. Franklin County is the only county they cannot talk directly to as they are VHF and Osage Co does not have anything VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.