KSICS Anchor Thread

K9ZV

Premium Subscriber
I noticed a few weeks ago, my reception of KHP is garbled on my outdoor antenna. But is perfect with an indoor mag mount in my basement. Are we now simulcasting in the Salina area? I'm also hearing Ellsworth, Mitchell and Lincoln counties P25 on the basement antenna at full strength.

Redneck0410

Feed Provider
I noticed a few weeks ago, my reception of KHP is garbled on my outdoor antenna. But is perfect with an indoor mag mount in my basement. Are we now simulcasting in the Salina area? I'm also hearing Ellsworth, Mitchell and Lincoln counties P25 on the basement antenna at full strength.
Depending on what scanner you're using, it is difficult to answer your question with any degree of certainty as there are many variables to consider, such as distance from the tower, obstructions between your antenna and the tower, etc. KHP does simulcast, to a degree, on one of the Saline County channels (I can't remember which one right off the top of my head). One thing you may try, if you are able, is to enable your attenuator and see if that helps your reception on your outdoor antenna. It's possible the signal is so strong it is overloading the front end of your scanner.

K9ZV

Premium Subscriber
Depending on what scanner you're using, it is difficult to answer your question with any degree of certainty as there are many variables to consider, such as distance from the tower, obstructions between your antenna and the tower, etc. KHP does simulcast, to a degree, on one of the Saline County channels (I can't remember which one right off the top of my head). One thing you may try, if you are able, is to enable your attenuator and see if that helps your reception on your outdoor antenna. It's possible the signal is so strong it is overloading the front end of your scanner.
I'm using a Whistler TRX-1. Using the attenuator did fix the problem. But after a couple of weeks, it's back to normal. Full signal on either antenna with no garble and no attenuation. They must have changed something.

bctrainers

Feed Provider
Interesting! I wonder if those towers are live as of today.

On March 3rd, I drove past the tower being installed on the NE side of Hillsdale Lake and got this picture. And yes, there were five or so folks working, with two on the tower in this picture.
PXL_20210303_211331990.jpg

I may be able to receive this particular site here in southern JoCo.

mattwillson

Premium Subscriber
Conducting radio testing on TG 2027 & 2065 around Kingman county, sounds like south cow is setup somewhere in the area.