Ksics P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcs00

KCØDAA
What areas are Phase 2 currently and what are the plans for the rest of the state of KS ? Does anyone know ?

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
The system as a whole is Phase 2 capable. This is shown in the DSDPlus.P25data file that I captured on a recent travel up the Turnpike/I-35 corridor, along with additional work in East/Central Kansas (see the main thread).

Network: BEE00.1B2 ; Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS)

Bandplan #0: Base=851.00625 Offset=-45 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5
Bandplan #1: Base=762.00625 Offset=+30 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5
Bandplan #2: Base=851.00625 Offset=-45 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5 Slots=2
Bandplan #3: Base=762.00625 Offset=+30 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5 Slots=2

I did not pick up any talkgroups using Phase 2 including the busy Topeka, Wichita, and Olathe sites as well as the new Lyon County sites, and it is likely some bit of time before they make that move, since radios and repeaters will all need to be updated, if any device affiliated with a Phase 2 enabled talkgroup does not have the updated code plug (or an older radio that is not Phase 2 capable) it will force the entire talkgroup (at least for that site if not the entire system) to be in Phase 1 mode.

The good news, until that future time that they decide to start using Phase 2, older scanners that only do Phase 1 will still work just fine (my local P25 system is still running Phase 1 voice on a Phase 2 controller, and my 2006-ish Phase 1 Only Uniden is setting here chattering away as I type).

peterjmag

Actually that is incorrect. Nothing misleading at all. With the exception of Ford County/Dodge City, 99% of the system is still Phase 1. Radiorefence is just stating the fact it is Phase 2 capable. Just takes a little reading and investigation on the users part. There are several systems that are like this. D=Phase 1 and T=Phase 2. Happy scanning.

dgruver911

What areas are Phase 2 currently and what are the plans for the rest of the state of KS ? Does anyone know ?
Ford and Franklin County have some Phase 2 talkgroups, and Saline will when they get on. But in general, don't believe there will be a general migration, not for what it would cost the state to upgrade their 76 towers and other counties who own their towers plus upgrading or replacing mobiles and portables. There's really not a justifiable need to. All it really does is double your channel capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.