KSP on 800 MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnCowden

from the ky wv scanner forum on yahoo I got note that ksp is on these freqs in Pike county area 858.9375, and 855.9875 in the Pike, Floyd county and Johnson co areas. notes: both analog and digital!

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
I will listen up but i am doubtfull that anything digital was heard up there espcially voice at this early stage and it seems odd to me that the state of ky would (uprgrade there p25 system from a 400mhz range to an 800 mhz range that would be even less effective with the mountian terrain and a recently spent cool 25 million dollar simulcast system..another fleecing the tax dollars i suppose)but just my 2 cents worth i think ksp p25 will be here for sometime to come

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Shawn:
How do I find this group so I can join it? My experience with the Commonwealth of Kentucky 800 freqs has been like Tim's; I have heard mostly nothing, except where the freqs are in conflict with an established trunking system somewhere....

Last edited:

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
I have heard some wierd tone bursts on the 2 freq's posted on this thread just hangs my scanner up i had to lock them out not sure i have ever heard that type of noise before kinda like a momentary pulse with a burst.???Kinda hard to explain

Status
Not open for further replies.