KSP on a PSR 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

hundley206

Can someone tell me a simple way to program KSP post 7 into my PSR500? i have read the Manuel but no luck ...can i get some simple steps to program it?

thanks

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
From the text block at KY State Police:
If you use a PRO96/2096 or 396T/996T you will need to enter the freqs in "FM" mode, if you have the GRE 500/600 you can enter the Network Access Code (NAC) for each freq--this will reduce "interference" from other freqs....

Programming software for whichever scanner you buy is recommended--there are good free and commercial programs available for all radios... and the appropriate cables to connect to a computer....
Enter the freqs as FM freqs, enter the proper NAC and you should be in business... Much easier using programming software (I recommend Don Starr's Win500)... you'll need the USB programming cable and a computer running Windoze 2000 or later.... a premium membership for rr.com will allow you to download directly to Win500 and then transfer the results to your radio....

rwier

Sorry, I missed that. I just check the Forums...New Posts, and never thought to look topside to see which Forum source. Also, I recognize this as one of those things that is going to be hard to remember to do.

Thanks,
Rob

kygemini90

Unless you already have Win500, I'd suggest just programming the frequencies in manually. To do so, you need to figure out the nearest Post 7 Tower using the info in the database (KY State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) and program that in as a conventional frequency, then set the P25 NAC code to 289....

For example, I live in Richmond so these are the settings for dispatch channel on Richmond tower:

Channel Type: CONV
Freq: 460.30000 MHz
Sq Mode: P25
P25 NAC: 289

If you are unsure of which tower is closest to you, you can click on the FCC license number (ex: KSQ705) and it will give you a map of the towers.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
A friendly hint.... if you want to monitor KSP I'd suggest programming all the freqs for the Post you want.... sometimes the nearest tower doesn't work because of lightning, birds or Mr. Murphy.... Sometimes urgent traffic on the "B" Channel means routine stuff is moved to "A"....

Duramaxman

Premium Subscriber
Wonder why i can pick up Richmond KSP in Hazard, but cant pick up Hazard post in Hazard?

Last edited:

royce558

ksp post#7 was working good on my bcd996xt but about two day's ago can't hear anything. Has something changed? Anyone else having a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.