KSR - RCC Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9ZLI

The RR database reports that the Reformatory in Lagrange is using 453.3875 / 458.3975 but having worked at KSR for a couple of years, I'm fairly certain the traffic I'm hearing is from Roederer Correctional Complex which is all but connected to KSR, but is separate facility. Those of you who know the area are probably already aware that there are 3 prisons out there on that property. The external elevated observation platforms at Roederer are called "towers" while the same structures at KSR are called "Wallboxes" or sometimes just "boxes". Roederer refers to their external patrol vehicle as "Perimeter Patrol" while KSR calls this same job as "Outside Patrol". Unless they've changed things completely which is possible.

If anyone can better inform me, I'm open to correction and education.

73 de N9ZLI

jerk

N9ZLI said:
The RR database reports that the Reformatory in Lagrange is using 453.3875 / 458.3975 but having worked at KSR for a couple of years, I'm fairly certain the traffic I'm hearing is from Roederer Correctional Complex which is all but connected to KSR, but is separate facility. Those of you who know the area are probably already aware that there are 3 prisons out there on that property. The external elevated observation platforms at Roederer are called "towers" while the same structures at KSR are called "Wallboxes" or sometimes just "boxes". Roederer refers to their external patrol vehicle as "Perimeter Patrol" while KSR calls this same job as "Outside Patrol". Unless they've changed things completely which is possible.

If anyone can better inform me, I'm open to correction and education.

73 de N9ZLI

Sounds like you have it nailed. I'm the one that submitted it to RR, but I did not listen real close, and I did not know there were several "units" there. So I would submit the update, or listen some more to see what is what. There are several other frequencies I picked up from the area, but have not completely identified them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.