KWO35 on 924.0500MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2zZe

Was it after the NWS broadcast an warning alarm? I'm wondering if a local ham radio club has a transmitter of theirs connected to 162.5500 through a SAME receiver for SkyWarn purposes.

k2hz

Database Admin
Per the ARRL 33cm band plan 921-927 is designated for Amateur TV. I wonder if some ham is using NOAA for an audio source for an ATV test signal. Music or commercial content would not be allowed but NOAA would be a good source of test audio.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Per the ARRL 33cm band plan 921-927 is designated for Amateur TV. I wonder if some ham is using NOAA for an audio source for an ATV test signal. Music or commercial content would not be allowed but NOAA would be a good source of test audio.

There are also some single frequency devices like wireless headphones and speakers that use the 902-928 MHz ISM band.
I think most of those devices hang out more around the 910 to 915 MHz range though and they must turn their transmitter off after the input signal is lost for a set amount of time. Of course a NOAA broadcast would keep them transmitting 24x7. These devices are fairly low power though and probably only have maybe a 1/4 mile range if even.

techman210

Could be an image from higher up in the band where it could be a link transmitter. Look around 950 and above. However, all the NOAA links that I have found have been in the 410-420 MHz region.

Status
Not open for further replies.