KY GMRS Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackodrumr

Just got my GMRS license. I sent an email to a repeater owner to ask permission but haven't gotten a response. Looks like the guy has moved to Texas. Does anyone know if this repeater is still active?

Frankfort GMRS Repeater

There's a few other repeaters in my area but request an email to be sent for permission but no email is listed on the page. Trying to play by the rules but no one seems to answer the permission requests from the myGMRS links.

Thanks!

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I've found that most of the info on that website can be dated. I'm in Northern Kentucky and use quite a few repeaters around the Cincinnati area easily. Good luck!

russbrill

Just got my GMRS license. I sent an email to a repeater owner to ask permission but haven't gotten a response. Looks like the guy has moved to Texas. Does anyone know if this repeater is still active?

Frankfort GMRS Repeater

There's a few other repeaters in my area but request an email to be sent for permission but no email is listed on the page. Trying to play by the rules but no one seems to answer the permission requests from the myGMRS links.

Thanks!

You want to use repeaters!!! Get your Technician Amateur License and work all sorts of Repeaters... We have 51.000 to 53.000 MHz, 144.500 to 148.000 MHz, 222.000 MHz to 225.000 MHz, and 440.000 MHz to 450.000 MHz just to mention a few :)

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Frankfort GMRS Repeater

Thanks!

You might have better luck asking that over on the MYGMRS page.

However, the guy has a ham ticket, and you can look that up easily. Looks like the mailing address is in Pearland Tx. You could try sending US Mail to him.

It is shown as an "open" repeater, but it is usually a good idea to ask permission directly.

Nothing at all wrong with using GMRS. I used it for years even though I've had my ham license for a long time. For some it's a perfectly suitable radio service, especially if you want to use it with your family and they are not interested in getting their ham license.

bill4long

I've been a ham for 40 years, and I agree that GMRS has it's place for "ham radio light" comms. I find myself listening to these guys a lot lately. (Some them are hams also, actually.) Pretty decent Allstar-based GMRS network. There are several such networks around the country. A lot of them link up for a super-net on Sundays.

Wackodrumr

I finally got a hold of the repeater owner of that Frankfort repeater. Looks like they are switching the repeater over to commercial frequencies and are getting it licensed for the select few using it. Thanks for the advice everyone.

russbrill

I finally got a hold of the repeater owner of that Frankfort repeater. Looks like they are switching the repeater over to commercial frequencies and are getting it licensed for the select few using it. Thanks for the advice everyone.

The repeater owner probably got tired of his/her system being jammed out by the local kids on their FRS radios :(

Status
Not open for further replies.