KY Transportation Cabinet District 11-Manchester Using DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
On my BCD996P2, I heard brief traffic on 151.055 (KYTC-Manchester). My scanner showed a flashing "Slot 1". Unfortunately, I didn't get anymore information because my scanner was set to receive both analog & digital for that channel.

I just changed it to digital traffic only and will report back/submit to database when I get more information.

This is the first time I've received digital traffic from KYTC, so I was wondering if anyone else has heard digital traffic from this agency?

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Did you hear traffic that would make you think it was KYTC? There was a huge band opening most of the weekend. I have been listening to a Federal VHF TRS from several states away. Just because you hear something on a frequency that is licensed to a local agency doesn't mean what you are hearing is local, especially when the tone/mode doesn't match what is known to be in use.

On my BCD996P2, I heard brief traffic on 151.055 (KYTC-Manchester). My scanner showed a flashing "Slot 1". Unfortunately, I didn't get anymore information because my scanner was set to receive both analog & digital for that channel.

I just changed it to digital traffic only and will report back/submit to database when I get more information.

This is the first time I've received digital traffic from KYTC, so I was wondering if anyone else has heard digital traffic from this agency?

BC2001

Jesse
Did you hear traffic that would make you think it was KYTC? There was a huge band opening most of the weekend. I have been listening to a Federal VHF TRS from several states away. Just because you hear something on a frequency that is licensed to a local agency doesn't mean what you are hearing is local, especially when the tone/mode doesn't match what is known to be in use.
I didn't hear any traffic that confirmed it was KYTC. So it could've been from another area, like you mentioned.

I will continue to monitor it and I'll post back if I find anything out.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
@BC2001
Hard to tell who it was. The whole eastern 1/2 of the US was red that day. Probably the biggest opening of the year for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.