KZLA Saddle Peak Out again??

Rt4957

Premium Subscriber
On all my scanners,,both Base and handheld,,yet again I cannot hear the Saddle Peak (Los Angeles area)FAA controllers.

Is there another problem with the phone lines again? Is it due to copper theft I wonder?
Listening to aircraft has been a major part of my hobby for over 50 years and it gets "Lonesome" not hearing the stuff.
Is anyone else noticing the problem?

Thanks and sorry to whine.
Phil

spanky15805

If memory serves correctly, that hill burned real hot a couple of years ago. Probably still stringing new power, copper and fiber, and it will happen when the utility gets around to it. The FAA isn't giving anyone money, they're busy with the Max/787 fiasco.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Saddle Peak is out again. Has been out since Sunday.

I also hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ZLA is now full-time Datacomm/CPDLC. There are still voice communications that take place, because not all the aircraft are equipped, but transmissions are going to be severely limited now. :( :(

Rt4957

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Saddle Peak is out again. Has been out since Sunday.

I also hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ZLA is now full-time Datacomm/CPDLC. There are still voice communications that take place, because not all the aircraft are equipped, but transmissions are going to be severely limited now. :( :(
I heard the Controller on 132.6 Try it out last Thursday night to an aircraft,,said they were training on it. Thank you for your Outage reply,,as of typing right now Wed morn at 12:30 AM Both 125.8 and 132.6 are working again.. (Thankfully). Is there a place us "Mortals" can look to see if there is an outage?? or just wait until we hear stuff again.

Thanks again Alcahuete.
Phil

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Is there a place us "Mortals" can look to see if there is an outage?? or just wait until we hear stuff again.

Not really. Sometimes a NOTAM goes out if the facility puts it out (i.e. !HHR 05/078 ZLA COM EL CENTRO APP 128.55 U/S USE 132.27 2405181905-2406182359), but that's generally for scheduled outages. Even those are rare, TBH.