L-3 Communications in Greenville Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Group , I frequently rx L-3 Communications in Greenville Texas working with there tech's aboard contract aircraft on 234.5 mhz am "military equiv. to Civil 123.45" Does anyone have anymore mil-air frequencies for L-3 op's in Greenville Texas ? Thanks , Randy

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
L3 Comm's

Howdy

The Greenville, Texas airport site has been used for many years for very high-tech Military Aircraft 'upgrades' and if I recall was an E-Systems site years ago too, among others I suspect.

Years ago I think they also worked on the E-4A Airborne Command Post (best I recall) and other like Command and Control aircraft and Surveillance Aircraft, etc...

If you check the FCC Data bases and the like you will likely see a few other freq's, and they did also have at one time several HF freq's to 'test' the aircraft once upgraded....and then over the gulf they would 'reel-out' the VLF 5-mile trailing wire antenna to test Air-to-Sub comm's...etc...etc...

Keep us posted on what you hear...

Thx

Bill

nd5y

You will probably have to search them out yourself.
The only publicly available UHF frequencies are:
385.425 tower
335.800 ground
349.600 AFMCLO FLT (don't know what that means or if it is related to L-3)

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
That is likely the USAF Detachment (DET) that is assigned 'on-site' to oversee the works...Air Force Material Command Logistics Office - Flight (AFMCLO FLT) is my guess...they likely are using that freq in Airborne Test-Bed of like mode perhaps...

Also show these freq's for L-3 in Greenville, TX

118.650 (looks like tower based?)

1441.5 Mhz (no idea what these are...?)

Keep us posted....

Thx

Bill

SCPD

QRT
L3 Greenville

As you know they have several Commercial VHF frequencies and a few AM Aircraft frequencies. I knew someone who worked out there ages ago but all he did was fab work.

As far as Majors Airport is concerned, this is what I have. Most of it came from the FCC Database and www.airnav.com.

You'll note the 118.65 frequency is used by the tower. This could be shared by L3. KLE2 is the call sign used by L3. WRLL2608 is Licensed to the City of Greenville, on 110.5 a General Navigational frequency. As is WRLG2023 on 329.6 to the City of Greenville also.

154.2200 PL: 127.3 Simplex is L3 Fire ops. And 152.4800 is an L3 unknown.

110.5000​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (Navigational)
118.6500​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (TOWER/CTAF)
121.7000​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (Ground)
122.9500​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (UNICOM)
133.4250​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (WX-AWOS-3)
335.8000​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (Ground)
385.4250​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (TOWER)
396.6000​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (AFMCLO FLT)
132.8500​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (APCH/DEP)
360.7500​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (APCH/DEP)
121.5000​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (Emergency)
243.0000​
AM​
Hunt​
Greenville​
Majors Field (Emergency)

Just a few cents worth. (sorry for the way this copy/pasted)

Thanks for the help , Yes , I forgot about a detachment being located at L-3 Greenville op's. A past issue of Combat Aircraft had a picture of a 135 Cobra Ball from the 55th Recon Wing out of Offut on the tarmac at L-3. Dont remember the detachment ID ? For the past 4 years or so I have only rx'd the Cobra ## callsigns on 234.5mhz wkng L-3 techs. L-3 's call is Greenville Echo , Greenville Foxtrot ,,,etc. I drove by there on a return trip from Dallas and was amazed at the size of one of there radio towers. The tower resembled a offshore platform . It was loaded with some of the largest helical sattelte antennas that I have ever seen plus hf/vhf/uhf log periodics , yagis , verticals ,,,,,,,,. Most of the buildings have discones atop them. It is one empressive site. Again , tnx , Randy

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
I posted the following on the Utility Forum a day or so ago. Thought you might be interested. Rick.

Saturday Evening Sunday Morning monitoring logs. Monitored frequencies Santa Maria 6628,2962 and 6535.

Note: I monitored N610G BOEING 757-22L with Santa Maria on 6535 at 26 North 20 40 West. " N610G is an alleged CIA-linked aircraft. The name of the plane's owner, L-3 Capital LLC, is suggestively similar to L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. However, there is no evidence to conclusively link the two entities."

"L-3 Capital does not appear on the list of divisions on L-3 Communications' website On the other hand, in FAA records, L-3 Communications Advanced Aviation LLC and L-3 Capital both give the same address in Helena, Montana: 33S Last Chance Gulch St. That address appears to host several local law firms".

"L-3 Communications has its own CIA aviation links: it is the parent company of L-3 Crestview Aerospace,[11] which is very closely linked with CIA proprietary Tepper Aviation, Inc."

(http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=N610)

“That plane has been around the world. FA shows the tail number goes with "L-3". L-3 Communications is a contractor to the Defense Dept. for electronics communications testing. Now, I bet you'd be really impressed if you could get to see the interior of that baby.”

(FlightAware > Discussions :: View topic - N610G COMCO)

CIA Aircraft

I have a relative with the NSA and they use aircraft from a contractor know as E E & G . I may have it misspelled . It's the same company who furnishes the 737 "Janet" flights to the USAF at A-51. The aircraft that I would just love to get inside is a version of the UC 12 "Guardrail" . It's just a twin engine Beech or Cesna type At an airshow one year a UC-12 type was on static display. I have never seen an aircraft that had as many types of antennas on it as this one did. It had about six blade types on the tail section pointing up and down , an array like on the tail of a C-130 broadcast ac , wire dipoles , sat antennas , large buldges in the sides of its body , radomes , etc. There must not be much room left in it after all of the equipment. The windows were darkened with no pilot around. The variants that I have seen in my magazines and other references have the UC -12 but with only about a third of the antennas that this one had. Thanks for the info , Randy N5WV PS , Im new hre so please bare with me on my formats.

jks19714

I'm not too certain that you'd find an RC-12 interesting on the interior. IIRC, Guardrail (?) is remote-operated via satcom in real-time.

Lots of black boxes inside. :)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I have a relative with the NSA and they use aircraft from a contractor know as E E & G . I may have it misspelled . It's the same company who furnishes the 737 "Janet" flights to the USAF at A-51. The aircraft that I would just love to get inside is a version of the UC 12 "Guardrail" . It's just a twin engine Beech or Cesna type At an airshow one year a UC-12 type was on static display. I have never seen an aircraft that had as many types of antennas on it as this one did. It had about six blade types on the tail section pointing up and down , an array like on the tail of a C-130 broadcast ac , wire dipoles , sat antennas , large buldges in the sides of its body , radomes , etc. There must not be much room left in it after all of the equipment. The windows were darkened with no pilot around. The variants that I have seen in my magazines and other references have the UC -12 but with only about a third of the antennas that this one had. Thanks for the info , Randy N5WV PS , Im new hre so please bare with me on my formats.

Hi!

The aircraft your talking about is a Beech 1900 C version. Those antennas are retrofitted by another company. If you want to see it up close you need to be a VIP and attend during keyhole or get a nice hotel room...

The 767's are from China btw.

Last edited:

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
I frequently rx L-3 Communications in Greenville Texas working with there tech's aboard contract aircraft on 234.5 mhz am "military equiv. to Civil 123.45" Does anyone have anymore mil-air frequencies for L-3 op's in Greenville Texas ? Thanks , Randy

The main frequency to program in is 349.6 which is "SAME CONTROL"... flight test primary...very interesting to listen to when it is active. And some of the best listening that I have heard on the frequency has been late evening (and overnight).

Secondary seems to be 234.5. There are probably one or two VHF's as well, but from experience, the good stuff always seems to be on UHF.

Another frequency to keep an ear on is 324.7....I personally have not heard it used in several years, but the time I heard it there was an aircraft talking to a ground station giving telemetry reports, bearings, laser distancing, etc. to storm cells during springtime wx. Probably something of a NOAA testing, but ya' never know....

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.