L.A. County Fire VHF Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

xilix

Premium Subscriber
With the recent fires, LACOFD's V1 thru V5 have been quite busy. I was curious as to the location of the repeaters, so I tried to look them up on the FCC/ULS website and found nothing.

(OK, I did find a few leftover IMTS licenses out of the area from the pre-cellular phone days....)

So does anyone know how these are licensed ? And what mountaintops they use ? I am curious if all of the channels are on the same mountaintops or if they are divided up by coverage area.

Thanks!

xilix

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info on that other thread.

Now I understand why I didn't find it with an exact freq FCC ULS search. For example, V5 at 152.780 is actually licensed for 152.765 - 152.795.

That's a heck of a wide channel, but it is paired with it's 158 Mhz repeater input (which I assume was the mobile side to the old IMTS system) so it makes sense.

On a related note, I am quite surprised at how many IMTS systems in the state are still in operation.

Last edited:

shawn1899

There is a site in Rowland heights at the puente hills Nike site. I believe there's also one up on oat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNDaOC

I came across a memo to the Board of Sups from Fire about a year ago that indicated a project to begin simulcasting on the VHF command channels had been completed.

Speaking of PHN- (Puente Hills Nike) this site is now being used on the Blue 1 simulcast, and Blue 13 which was transmitted exclusively from PHN is no longer used for La Habra OPS.

LASD also began using this site for transmit for Norwalk and Lakewood/Cerritos about five years ago. It has always been a receive site.

Status
Not open for further replies.