L.A. County Police/ LASD merger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what the status is as far as their radio channels? The main county police dispatch sounds like its still fully operational as well as their Tacs, but they keep talking about if the officer has an OPS radio or LASD radio.

jrholm

The OPS guys are using their radios. The LASD deputies that are in place are using LASD radios. Currently C tac 2 is patched to OPS dispatch so they can talk to each other. HRC is handling the dispatching for now, but the supervisors are all LASD. When the transition is done traditional LASD dispatch procedures will take over. HRC will become 850 David on the former C Tac 2 and SCC Access will be the dispatch channel. Parks also has a "park tac" that is non repeated, but I don't know the freq yet

Starman918

Most likely the dispatching of the park bureau will be done at the Sheriff's communication center in East Los Angeles. I believe the park bureau is looking for a place for their permanent headquarters and they are also looking for a place to put an eastern sub station.

Radio_Lady

and it's a former TV channel 15 frequency

Park Tac is 479.1000 and is simplex.
And it's one of just a small handful of the hundreds of LASD's new TV channel 15 frequencies I've heard about being put into use. The RR database has a few others listed, in the "Emergency Ops" and "Other" groups. Anything above 476.000 to 482.000 is from the Channel 15 allocation.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be surprising if others are active for details that are "too big to talk about."

Starman918

KFI AM 640 and KNX 1070 radio

The current XTS 3000 and 5000 series handheld radios being issued have these two AM stations programmed in them. This so they can be monitored for information in the event of a disaster.

dgower

Premium Subscriber
Well effective at 1500 today, SCC is now dispatching for the new PSB and CSB (replacing OPS). Dispatching of calls will be on SCC ACC, and C-TAC2 will be used as their L-TAC (County LTAC). There are only about 10-15 OPS officers remaining, with the majority of the rest already Deputy Sheriffs or in the process of transitioning over. These 10-15 are awaiting assignment to the next transition class.

As far as radios/communications, OPS is no more.

jrholm

Belvedere will not be used as station, those deputies work out of Whittier Narrows. The office will be kept however as a store front. A lot of things are in flex, so everything is subject to change. Athens Park is the current HQ for the south zone, but they will most likely move into Lennox when they move into their new home (South Los Angeles Station). East zone doesn't have a HQ and Bonelli units do not yet have a permanent home, and probably wont for some time.

DPD1

I kind of liked having the separate dispatch... That was interesting.

jrholm

It was a PITA is what it is. I'm on vacation right now, but I'm looking forward to doing things the way I'm used to when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.