L band, what else?

2e0wes

hi guys, i put up a dish and made a LHCP helix antenna, and i have a real nice signal from AORE 99 W, and i am using tekmanoid's and jaero programmes. is there anything else i'm missing?
things are quiet over in Nova Scotia and i'm looking for things to decode, any suggestions.

Attachments

Last edited:

imonitorit

hi guys, i put up a dish and made a LHCP helix antenna, and i have a real nice signal from AORE 99 W, and i am using tekmanoid's and jaero programmes. is there anything else i'm missing?
things are quiet over in Nova Scotia and i'm looking for things to decode, any suggestions.
Are you receiving them with just the LHCP helix?

scudGB

WOW nice set up any chance you could post a screen shot of signal on 10500 aero .. the only thing i can think of is try C band with a Titanium lnb for the and your dish for the ADS-C data

scudGB

nice 1 thanks
if you look back for my posts you will see i am also set up for sat ,being uk based i point to alphasat but have had a bit of your sat with my first patch antenna ,having spoken to a guy in uk lucky enough to have a dish up for each sat he stated "there is a lot more aero speech " on alphasat so maybee have a try for alphasat
the reason i asked for screen shot is so i can asess the performance of my helical vs dish so thanks again ,,scud

2e0wes

nice 1 thanks
if you look back for my posts you will see i am also set up for sat ,being uk based i point to alphasat but have had a bit of your sat with my first patch antenna ,having spoken to a guy in uk lucky enough to have a dish up for each sat he stated "there is a lot more aero speech " on alphasat so maybee have a try for alphasat
the reason i asked for screen shot is so i can asess the performance of my helical vs dish so thanks again ,,scud
not a problem bud, i have not set jaero up for speech yet, matt tech minds has a video up of iridium, decoding with linux, this i would love to try, at some point. say safe. my old qth is in level 3 lockdown, not good.

scudGB

this worked for me ,,,Compile JAERO and LibAERO AMBE for Inmarsat Decoding i seemed to download loads
to do this but the end result was a tiny little file but it makes jaero loads better (but not on your bird ) i am originally from LIVERPOOL but now
reside in BUXTON must be the worst place for radio as surrounded by limestone hills can still pull adsb from over north sea though
it was poor local reception that made me start looking up to the sats