L band, what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e0wes

hi guys, i put up a dish and made a LHCP helix antenna, and i have a real nice signal from AORE 99 W, and i am using tekmanoid's and jaero programmes. is there anything else i'm missing?
things are quiet over in Nova Scotia and i'm looking for things to decode, any suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-18 191951.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-18 191951.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20200917_170611562_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200917_170611562_HDR.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20200917_170617827.jpg
    IMG_20200917_170617827.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

imonitorit

hi guys, i put up a dish and made a LHCP helix antenna, and i have a real nice signal from AORE 99 W, and i am using tekmanoid's and jaero programmes. is there anything else i'm missing?
things are quiet over in Nova Scotia and i'm looking for things to decode, any suggestions.
Are you receiving them with just the LHCP helix?

scudGB

WOW nice set up any chance you could post a screen shot of signal on 10500 aero .. the only thing i can think of is try C band with a Titanium lnb for the and your dish for the ADS-C data

2e0wes

WOW nice set up any chance you could post a screen shot of signal on 10500 aero .. the only thing i can think of is try C band with a Titanium lnb for the and your dish for the ADS-C data
thanks scud for the suggestion, i will do some reading into it, here is the screenshot you requested

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-19 212845.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-19 212845.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 141

scudGB

nice 1 thanks
if you look back for my posts you will see i am also set up for sat ,being uk based i point to alphasat but have had a bit of your sat with my first patch antenna ,having spoken to a guy in uk lucky enough to have a dish up for each sat he stated "there is a lot more aero speech " on alphasat so maybee have a try for alphasat
the reason i asked for screen shot is so i can asess the performance of my helical vs dish so thanks again ,,scud

2e0wes

nice 1 thanks
if you look back for my posts you will see i am also set up for sat ,being uk based i point to alphasat but have had a bit of your sat with my first patch antenna ,having spoken to a guy in uk lucky enough to have a dish up for each sat he stated "there is a lot more aero speech " on alphasat so maybee have a try for alphasat
the reason i asked for screen shot is so i can asess the performance of my helical vs dish so thanks again ,,scud
not a problem bud, i have not set jaero up for speech yet, matt tech minds has a video up of iridium, decoding with linux, this i would love to try, at some point. say safe. my old qth is in level 3 lockdown, not good.

scudGB

this worked for me ,,,Compile JAERO and LibAERO AMBE for Inmarsat Decoding i seemed to download loads
to do this but the end result was a tiny little file but it makes jaero loads better (but not on your bird ) i am originally from LIVERPOOL but now
reside in BUXTON must be the worst place for radio as surrounded by limestone hills can still pull adsb from over north sea though
it was poor local reception that made me start looking up to the sats

reconrider8

This is something I wanna try but I don't have a dish to try it

reconrider8

C band I have an L band patch antenna and that works on for 6 and 1200 baud but not for 10500 or the voice side so im trying to find a helical antenna to boost my gain to get those. But yea I would like to recieve c band side from the aircraft also

scudGB

C band yh thats my next project/dream only way seems to be a dish but for L band voice i use i home made helical about 26 turns with a airspy and L band nooelec bare bones lna mounted indoors in roof space but as i'am uk pointed at inmarsat ..helicals are no problem to make as long as you can find the correct diameter tube ,,look up some of my older posts,, scud

reconrider8

Yea they.look fairly easy but I've never tried. Infact I've never built an antenna lol I would like to get my hands on one to at least look over and see how everything works or better yet buy a pre-made one off of someone would be best lol

merlin

Nice setup. your dish is very similar to mine. Is it steerable ?
Mine is on a servo X/Y homemade mount and use WXtrack to control it.
I am set up with S band and KU band H-V-Lh-Rh.
Hoping to get some more spacewalk chatter from ISS.
Now that the roof work is done and no blizzards, my antennas are going back up.

2e0wes

Nice setup. your dish is very similar to mine. Is it steerable ?
Mine is on a servo X/Y homemade mount and use WXtrack to control it.
I am set up with S band and KU band H-V-Lh-Rh.
Hoping to get some more spacewalk chatter from ISS.
Now that the roof work is done and no blizzards, my antennas are going back up.
No it's fixed, but I have 2, 1 on 99 and the other on 54. But I've not used either for around 2 months. I got a little disheartened with how quiet things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.