L-bracket antenna mount 2013 Acura TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4UXQ

I have a 2013 Acura TL that I would like to use trunk groove L-bracket antenna mounts for my mobile antennas.

Magnet mounts always deform the paint even when kept clean, and I would never drill holes into this vehicle. Trunk lip mounts also deform paint and risk damage if bent while on the trunk.

I cannot use a straight L-bracket due to the odd shape of the groove. And I have tried several that have offsets, but none match the shape. All I know to do is try and find someone that can custom bend one for me. Before trying that, has anyone found something that will work in this situation?

stryker106

Premium Subscriber
Pro fit international may have something for you, that's what I use on my FJ.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
You may also want to possibly try putting some foam or very thin rubber between the mount and the vehicle. Short of that a local communications shop could probably fabricate you a custom mount. I have personally done a quite a few with some 1/8 inch thick steel and my bench vice.

KD4UXQ

KD4UXQ

You may also want to possibly try putting some foam or very thin rubber between the mount and the vehicle. Short of that a local communications shop could probably fabricate you a custom mount. I have personally done a quite a few with some 1/8 inch thick steel and my bench vice.

Thanks

I have tried several types of materials to protect the paint with trunk lip mounts on other vehicles, but they always cause some sort of deformation in the surface of the paint so I am reluctant to try that. I really wish this vehicle did not have such an odd shape in the trunk groove. All I want to do is mount an antenna without concern for damaging the external surface of the paint. Seems my only solution is to obtain an L-bracket that is not so thick that I cannot bend it myself, or find a metal fabrication shop that will bend it for me.

KOK5CY

Comet antenna . RS-730 ...it sits in the window glass and use a NMO coax kit . Ive looked up your vehicle and there isn't no way to mount a L bracket in the rain gutter of the trunk lid . Not unless you can place the L bracket in the rain gutter and see how much space you have to drill 2 holes and use self tapping screws . But the L bracket is easy to bend I've did it several times .

Status
Not open for further replies.