LA Area DASH and Access transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

Does anyone have know the freqs or system that the LA DOT Dash buses use? I think they may be on a UHF LTR system. Does anyone know what freqs or system Access Para-transit uses? In the Access Vans they have two Kenwood TK 880 mobiles. They both said "Lukens" on the display so I assume they are on a trunked system located on Mt Lukens. In another Access Van I rode the radios said "PV" on the display so I assume they are on a trunked system located on Palos Verdes. One other interesting thing to note is that all the vans have two antennas on them (one VHF and one UHF). Any help with this would be appreciated.

What routes are you talking about? The valley & downtown routes are on UHF LTR, the East LA routes are on VHF LTR, TouchTel mobile's system. It isn't in the database here. Access vans are using data and voice, hence the UHF and VHF radios, on Lukens as you noted.

scanfan22

Thanks for the quick response. I usually ride the Valley routes so I hear the UHF LTR going on in the background. The data for Access vans is probably for their data terminals which they use to enter pickup, route and other info. I wonder which band is used for data and which one for voice?

scanfan22

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.