LA Area Riots/Curfews/Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Was it a large hand held radio with a 1m long black tape measure type whip that is folded up? Time to fire up the R8600 with the COM201B antenna on the roof for VHF lo. I'll be paying extra attention to 36.5MHz which is the LARTCS National Guard interop freq.
Yes it was. Looks like one of those ham knock-off ABBREE antennas.

scanthewaves

Back during the Katrina disaster there was a relay website that was broadcasting the NG, does anyone remember that? Is anyone relaying it or planning on relaying it for this deployment? Just wondering as I"m far from L.A. and can't monitor, I used to live there and lived through the King Riots in the 90's but I don't remember monitoring the NG, memory must be going lol.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Monday CURFEWS:
  • Beverly Hills City Business District: 1 p.m. Monday to 5:30 a.m. Tuesday; 4 p.m. Monday to 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
  • Long Beach: 1 PM for business district and 4 PM citywide
  • Santa Monica: 1 p.m. for business district and 4 p.m. citywide Monday
(The Beverly Hills City Business District curfew includes the Business Triangle (including Rodeo Drive), South Beverly Drive, Roberson Boulevard and La Cienega Boulevard.) NBC 4

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
1200 Update, Monday CURFEWS:

• Beverly Hills Business District: 1 p.m. Monday to 5:30 a.m. Tuesday;
  • Beverly Hills: 4 p.m. Monday to 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
  • Culver City: 4 p.m. Monday to 5:30 a.m. Tuesday
  • Long Beach: 1 p.m. curfew for the business district and 4 p.m. citywide Monday.
  • Riverside: 7:00 p.m. Monday to 6:00 a.m. Tuesday.
  • Santa Monica: 1 p.m. for business district and 4 p.m. citywide Monday.
  • Torrance: 6 p.m. Monday
The Beverly Hills City Business District curfew includes the Business Triangle (including Rodeo Drive), South Beverly Drive, Roberson Boulevard and La Cienega Boulevard.
Service on Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will be suspended at noon on Monday until Tuesday morning.

NBC4

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Federal Protective Service a bit busy today with the protest at Fed Building in Westwood and also Van Nuys.

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
Today’s comms so far...

LASD Mutual Aid 2 & ICI Mutual Aid 2 4088 (PATCH) - Santa Monica
(Downtown Area)

LASD Mutual Aid 3 - Downtown LA Protests (LAPD HQ & City Hall)

LASD Mutual Aid 4 - Glendora (City Hall & Downtown Protests)

LASD Mutual Aid 5 - Cerritos (Los Cerritos Mall & Cerritos Station Protests)

LASD S-TAC9 (Star Tac) - Lakewood Center Protests

LASD A-TAC 2 - West Hollywood Protests

Beverly Hills Tac 453.525 - Beverly Hills Protests

Long Beach PD U-7 - Long Beach Protests

Last edited:

mikkut

Premium Subscriber
LAFD on Tac 17 just announced they're moving to Zone 56 Central Tac and clearing Tac 17. Any one have an idea what system/tg/freq that is?

That's one of the LAFD talk groups on the LA City STRS system, several other LAFD talk groups also in use ....

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Trump just gave his speech that he's urging states to use National Guard if needed. Already happening for us, but if more are deployed, keep more of a sharp ear on the low bands, 30-70 MHz. Who knows what they're using...
Haven't heard a peep on the LARTCS low band NG channel, not sure about anyone else.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Check FakeBook… I mean FaceBook….. :)
I understand they mainly use burner cell phones, but is there a possibility for radio communications? Anything we can justify jamming?
There are a few twitter journalists that have mentioned antifa comms, and using radios, repeaters, etc., but I don't have the slightest clue what tech they might have. Analog, DMR, band (VHF/UHF)?

mancow

Database Admin
I've seen pics of clear coily type ear pieces and a CCR so far various places on the web.

Mountain343

That's one of the LAFD talk groups on the LA City STRS system, several other LAFD talk groups also in use ....
Yeah, I rarely plug in STRS since for some reason my 396 receives it so poorly no matter what antenna I use.... but I have it on now and hearing lots of resource orders on 27 ISTS 2 as well for tonight.

Anyone know if RICS or CWIRS worth listening to? I haven't heard anything on them, but that could just be me.

Uplink

Thanks for the tip about STRS, interesting.

CHP Blue is busy, there was a handoff to CHP TAC6 also. LAPD Gang/Narco Red was busy. All the usual Citywide TACs, and LASD areawide tacs busy as expected. RICS and CWIRS dead for me, not a peep.

Was hoping some sleeper freqs or talkgroups would light up, like national interops, national guard, or something? Could be I'm not in simplex range of all this stuff also.

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Have noted a couple of LARICS groups active with LASD EOB - 2035/2036 - both ENC however.

Noted 3 Long Beach PD TGs on the Port of Long Beach system had activity today - all ENC as well.

A few of the MTA UHF 453/460 facility security channels had some activity as sounded like they were moving personnel between facilities and locking down things.

Also noted several random LASD frequencies (custody, colleague bureau, other) used on simplex basis as units convoy around town.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Probably related, noticed LAWA PD seems much more active outside the airport today. Traffic stops, etc in Westchester, down Century/Imperial by 405, even into El Segundo.

scanthewaves

Today’s comms so far...

LASD Mutual Aid 2 & ICI Mutual Aid 2 4088 (PATCH) - Santa Monica
(Downtown Area)

LASD Mutual Aid 3 - Downtown LA Protests (LAPD HQ & City Hall)

LASD Mutual Aid 4 - Glendora (City Hall & Downtown Protests)

LASD Mutual Aid 5 - Cerritos (Los Cerritos Mall & Cerritos Station Protests)

LASD S-TAC9 (Star Tac) - Lakewood Center Protests

LASD A-TAC 2 - West Hollywood Protests

Beverly Hills Tac 453.525 - Beverly Hills Protests

Long Beach PD U-7 - Long Beach Protests
Didn't there used to be a Beverly Hills rebroadcast along with Glendale or am I mistaken?

bangel

Just a note from yesterday - Burbank PD announced over primary dispatch that all units should switch to TAC 2 (the encrypted channel) for all day yesterday. Looks like they are back on primary dispatch this morning.

I monitored a lot of coordination of Van Nuys incidents on LAPD Valley Tac channel. LAPD Detectives RED was also very active in the Van Nuys - they were actively tracking the non-protesting looter/agitator groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.