LA Area Thunderbird Flyover May 15 Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

I just heard there is a Thunderbird Flyover on May 15.

Does anyone have a lost of good frequencies to listen to them? Thanks, Bob.

brandon

Database Admin
Sounds like they are off the coast doing flyby and photos near the USNS Mercy before heading to SD.

Mike_G_D

Yep! Hear them on the 141.175 AM frequency! FINALLY - now I can say I've heard the Thunderbirds; have heard the Blue Angels many times being that I live in a Navy/Marine dominate area (San Diego County) but never yet the Thunderbirds. So plugged the freq. Brandon gave and got them! At one point they started to really come in strong and I heard the engines but, unfortunately, when I went to the balcony I couldn't see them. But it sounded like they did come down south this far (north San Diego County) briefly at one point.

2k1typeSH

Premium Subscriber
Tanker Gucci 61 orbiting offshore in W-291. Providing air refueling before they fly over LA at 1:35pm?

Attachments

• Gucci61.JPG
    Gucci61.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 11

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Don't know if related or not but hearing continuous plane-to-plane for last 1.5 hours on 241.125 in Ventura. Only call signs heard were Chester xx.
SS varies considerable. Switched to 306.6, PLEAD, which is PMR, then LA center. 241.125 dead now.

prcguy

I took off late driving to roughly the intersection of the 405/710fwy intersection arriving around 1:45pm and heard lots of chit chat on 141.175 but I never saw them. I could hear them most of the trip getting stronger and stronger as we approached the 405/710 area with the lead guy reciting the typical "more pooooowwwwwerrrrrrr" and other things as they did some maneuvers, but then they got weaker talking about stuff in the air near Huntington Beach and they finally faded out. There were a lot of people parked in the area I went to with binoculars but they saw nothing so it looks like there was a change in flight plan.

They never made it to the South Bay or Santa Monica Bay, they must have changed their flight plan.

tkenny53

Main flight group talked over Diamond Formation freq. Air VHF. I got to listen as they passed over riverside county

Xray

Had an unplanned formation deviation, looks like #1 made a sudden move to the right for no apparent reason, spooked 2 other team members who had to break formation -Much better safe than sorry, I imagine they have evaluated this incident in detail by now.

[incident is 25 sec into the clip]

fantasma25

I took off late driving to roughly the intersection of the 405/710fwy intersection arriving around 1:45pm and heard lots of chit chat on 141.175 but I never saw them. I could hear them most of the trip getting stronger and stronger as we approached the 405/710 area with the lead guy reciting the typical "more pooooowwwwwerrrrrrr" and other things as they did some maneuvers, but then they got weaker talking about stuff in the air near Huntington Beach and they finally faded out. There were a lot of people parked in the area I went to with binoculars but they saw nothing so it looks like there was a change in flight plan.

Were you one of those in the Ikea parking lot?

tkenny53

I notice that they flew a basic 4 man group, with 3 behind, along the 10 fwy in San Berdo.
Formations change, I know the lead will call out his commands,

Status
Not open for further replies.