LA City EDACS system programming help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewie27

anyone with the book: Southern California Frequency Directory 3rd edition able to help me figure this out?

Page 141. I'm unsure if I need to input LCN's with the Zero first: ie, LCN01 as 1 or 01....

Do I need to input system 2 and 3? If so, how do I get both systems to work together.

I'm mainly interested in listening to TG: 04-121, L.A. City General Services Police/Security. Do I need system 2 or 3 for this?

any help would be much appreciated, I'm very new to programming. Im using a Uniden Bearcat 396T.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Don't now about the programming of Bearcat, but depending on what you would like to listen to you need to load both systems.
Certain talkgroups (departments) seem to be exclusively segregated into different systems with folks like the DOT traffic units for example in System 2, while General services PD, or Rangers are in 3.

karldotcom

I programmed a System 2 and a System 3. They both cover the entire city, but different talkgroups are on one or the other.

jewie27

i don't understand how to program the system. do i have to make two separate ones? there's two sets of LCN's system 2 and 3. or do i combine all the LCNs on one list? How do i know which system is for General Serivces PD? I do have the correct tag number of 04-121

i entered everything and im not hearing anything under that tag numbers just on the LCN's.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
You need to program the systems separately. By that I mean in separate system banks. Be sure to enter the channels in the exact order they are listed. If your radio will scan up or down, be sure to scan up starting from the first channel number. Then monitor both banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.