LA Co Fire TMAC 08 Reprogramming

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectr17

LA Co Fire TMAC 08 Reprogramming

Started about 3 weeks ago. Battalions 2 and 15 in the east end of county were some of the first ones done. Bout 1,000 channels in the list now.

karldotcom

I read somewhere that some Verdugo VHF radios are no longer compliant with the County TMAC (Channel plan) Maybe I am getting my acronyms mixed up, but it had to do with the narrowbanding issue and some Area C old radios.

Last edited:

landonjensen

Here is the list of frequency changes for the battalions effective August 1:

The Department, through the Command and Control Division, strives to provide the most feasible communication resources for field operations. One of the principal components of communications is to maintain dedicated frequencies.

The following frequency changes are in effect beginning August 1, 2008:

BATTALION OLD TAC NEW TAC
Battalion 2 Tac 23 Tac 22
Battalion 11 Tac 17 Tac 18
Battalion 14 Tac 17 Tac 28
Battalion 17 Tac 21 Tac 17
Battalion 18 Tac 23 Tac 30
Battalion 21 Tac 23 Tac 17
Crew/Dozer Blue-5 Direct Blu-14 direct (Primary)
Crew/Dozer Blue-15 direct (Secondary)

Additional Change
BATTALION OLD COMMAND NEW COMMAND
Battalion 21 Blue 1 Blue 13

(Credit to LAcountyfire.com)

icis_monitor

For this i heard that the new tmac was too bit to fit in area c radios

I read somewhere that some Verdugo VHF radios are no longer compliant with the County TMAC (Channel plan) Maybe I am getting my acronyms mixed up, but it had to do with the narrowbanding issue and some Area C old radios.

SCPD

QRT
Can someone tell me what "TMAC" stands for? I looked at the LACountyFire site and could not find Tacs 28 and 30 llsited. Can someone tell me what the frequencies are for these tacs?

karldotcom

The Tactical Mutual Aid Channel (TMAC) plan is an LA County Fire creation that complies with state, local and other groups as much as possible. There is a UHF version, and a VHF version. The thought being if every fire rig in the county has a radio with both, everyone will be able to communicate.

I believe the LA County V TMAC encompasses all the CalFire, USFS, NIFC channels, and some of the Verdugo agency radios are older with not enough memory.

I would love to see an updated 2008 listing for UHF and VHF

icis_monitor

i saw the glendale fire dept radio that is yellow and has the whole tmac in it when they came to help someone here at the home and i got to talk to the fireman showed me the manual for the radio and had a lot of pages of tmac info in it. i couldnt get to photocopy it but i think that if we ask we could get a copy of the manual. it isnt super national security confdential is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.