LA County FD V1-5 Command Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been listening to Bobcat fire CMD on LACFD V4 repeater 152.570 & decided to find the repeater location(s). I never did.

1. I went to the RRDB & noticed only V2, 152.240, had a license, WQMJ896, listed.
2. Thinking this license might apply to all Vs I clicked on it.
3. The RR page come up with “Callsign WQMJ896 not found”.
4. I decided to run WQMJ896 through the FCC data base.
5. It came up as being licensed to LA county on 152.240 only, Station Class FEBS, with 4 locations, none within LA county (2 in Imperial county, 1 in Riverside county, & 1 in Yuma county AZ). I kid you not.
6. Next I ran the other 4 V freqs through FCC search for LA county. All returned “No Records found for this search criteria”.

Questions:
1. Why don’t the FCC records contain 4 of the V freqs & show the 5th with locations outside LACo?
2. What is their authorization?
3. Where are the repeaters?
4. Am I missing the obvious?

LBH

LA CO FD TMAC 13 reprogramming to start June 3 2013

LAC V-1 WPVG961
LAC V-2 WPZM774/WPZM775
LAC V-3 WPVG963
LAC V-4 WPVG964
LAC V-5 WPVG968

They are Part 22 (service code CP (VHF/UHF paging)) "channels" that are licensed in a small chunk of spectrum over a designated area. Individual sites within that area and within that spectrum don't need to be listed. Generally speaking, and within reason, you do whatever you like with the spectrum within your service area.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Maybe just V1 and V2 are synchronized simulcast - the rest are steered? (seem to remember reading that somewhere)

Mikerh91

Pretty sure all the LAC V-X channels are simulcast now. I know at least V-4 and V-5 are.
The LAC VHF Command Channels, V1-V5, are simculast countywide. Voter steered went away many years ago.

There are certain channels that are used more frequently because of common communications plans. As an example, if you at the LA TMAC application, for the Foothill MTZ, only V3, V4, and V5 are listed. V-3 generally gets assigned to this area first.

Status
Not open for further replies.