LA County Fire VHF Dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty909

so I seen a post from 2010-2012 talking about the new SCU system to be 100% starting 2013. they talked about it being set up for Blue SCU (blue 8) but there was a mention if the system failed they will fall back to White SCU which would be a VHF channel. well this evening the system or repeater failed and blue 8 went down and I put my scanner on the VHF tac channels and got nothing, I checked the database and found nothing labeled as a dispatch under the VHF area. does anyone know more about this? possibly a hidden channel that's not listed on the database? any info would be helpful thank you

matty909

They were probably using LAC air to ground (154.400). This used to be the old Antelope dispatch frequency and I believe they use it because it can cover the whole county. Here is some more info if you want.
L.A. County Fire dispatching on Air to Ground 154.4
that was exactly what I was looking for but I didn't come across that newer post and now that I read that I feel old because I do remember listening @7AM to hear the "wake up call" I don't know how I forgot that. i was scrambling for a hour before I gave up. thank you very much

PaulNDaOC

I was listening in when either Blue 8 or CAD failed one night and dispatch was toning out stations old school SCU style on 154.40

Status
Not open for further replies.