LA County Sheriff buys Harris Unity XG-100Ps

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitor142

I wonder if these are really for "patrol" use or for the radio/microwave techs to use??? LASD has been upgrading their portables to the Motorola XTS series (now the 5000) for a while. I see XTL5000 mobiles sneaking their way into patrol cars now also. I guess time will tell...

vodka_martini

I first joined RR to get info on Liberty, Unity and Apex from the user community. My boss and I went to IWCE this week (btw, it was cheap to fly and stay, Vegas was dead!) and we are convinced that we are buying the Unity. The Liberty takes way too long to boot up, 20 seconds vs. 2 seconds for Unity and the Apex did not do T-band which we need to interoperate with a neighbor to our north. The Unity is an excellent radio that Harris did a great job with.

shawn1899

there is a plan to get a handful of these radios out to patrol (specialized units) that deal with other agencies on a regular basis such as K-9 and swat with LA Sheriff's.

They are programming them up currently

Sheriff Baca will be working in the field tomorrow out of East L.A. Station, does anybody know what his call sign will be?
http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Los-Angeles-County-Sherriff-to-Hit-the-Streets/1$51273

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Many years ago the Sheriff's call sign was was "Car 1". The under-sheriff's call sign was "Car 2." I got this information out of a copy of an official L.A. County Sheriff radio procedure pocket book. That was when the department had about four dispatch frequencies for the entire county.

jrholm

His official call sign is still "Car 1", however he was supposed to be working a regular two man car out of East L.A. so he would use whatever the assigned call sign would be, somewhere in the 20's.

Starman918

I was told he would be working a car that doesn't have an assigned area, a "bomber" car. Don't hold me to it, but I think it is car 25. Who knows what he'll get into, but I can assure you he will have plenty of help.

Darn! I missed him. I live in East LA jurisdiction so I thought I'd see him. Does anybody know when he'll be out again? Yes I believe 25Adam is East L.A.'s rover unit, I did a ride along with the 25Adam unit some time ago.

kma371

QRT
Sheriff Baca will be working in the field tomorrow out of East L.A. Station, does anybody know what his call sign will be?
http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Los-Angeles-County-Sherriff-to-Hit-the-Streets/1$51273

Don't hijack threads. Stay on topic next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.