• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LA Repeater Jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
This is funny. "Depose..."
Reality check time. The FCC doesn't care about anything but pandering to the telecom cartels. I just spent 4.5 months tracking down an unauthorized BDA on my public safety trunking system.
I opened an Enforcement Bureau case with the PSHB. They responded and said, essentially, "well you found it. Good for you. Sounds like you solved the problem."
GMRS is run amuck with linked repeaters hogging up all the channels, CB lids with 100 watt repeaters, P25, MDC1200, cat calls, I mean you really think they care?
You're not Verizon, AT&T, SprinTMobile, Comcast or Charter Spectrum. They could care less.

"Depose Laura Smith"

Thanks for that laugh. GMRS jammers in LA? Really? The same town with the famous 435 lidbox that's been spewing raw sewage for what, three decades and counting now?

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
This is funny. "Depose..." Reality check time.

This has been going on for years, one of the self-important puffers has been saying they are "building a case" for almost
ten years. The funny thing is, some of the players in this comedy (a couple of whom were banned from the infamous 435 - imagine that!)
are guilty of doing the very same things they accuse Bondy of. Go back in the history of GMRS in the LA Basin, and one finds
who goes on and on all day on the air about what a bad guy Bondy is.. He first came to the attention of that community as what?
Yep, he jammed the Verdugo 700 system, (and also Bondys first GMRS repeater on Saddle) which was actually not the poopshow
things are now, because he wanted to get the users to move to his system.

Stolen equipment by "repeater owners" not named Bondy? Check.
Obsessed people who do nothing but try to intimidate Bondy with flaccid innuendo? Check.
Let's be real. anyone who likes to use dark, scary phrasing and words probably isn't stupid enough to risk real harm to life and limb over a radio. The funnest was the user who over and over claimed he had the FCC Los Angeles at his beck and call, whom upon his anointing Bondy a bad guy, would immediately bring down the wrath of the Federal Government upon Body and his cohorts. Well, exactly nothing has happened many years later.

Why?

Because the FCC doesn't give a damm.

Now maybe Gates and their Civil suit will get somewhere, but that remains to be seen.

Basically the same 8-10 users day after day, talking about the same tired subjects, along of course with the 24/7 Lidnet. Not anything like it was in the old days.

SoCal355

Premium Subscriber
This has been going on for years, one of the self-important puffers has been saying they are "building a case" for almost
ten years. The funny thing is, some of the players in this comedy (a couple of whom were banned from the infamous 435 - imagine that!)

Is this one of those TV shows during the daytime? LOL I need my fix.

Merry Christmas M and the very best new year :)

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks I knew 5 mhz.
I was not sure if it was up or down 5.
Repeater TX low, RX high is most common outside the more variable ham bands, 851–862 MHz repeater TX being a notable exception (repeaters RX -45 MHz).

Status
Not open for further replies.